Anyone Have A Great Tasting White Almond Amaretto Cake Recip

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm by aprilcake

aprilcake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:10am
post #1 of 9

Hi all! A customer of mine is wanting a white almond amaretto type cake with raspberry mousse filling. I have a raspberry mousse type recipe but I need a cake recipe. Amaretto wise, I have never used it...where do I get it, what does it look like and how much do I use? THanks so much!

April :0)

8 replies
leily Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:27am
post #2 of 9

Amaretto is a liquer so I would check your local grocery store liquer isle first and if not there I think wal-mart even carries it.

I would suggest just using a white almond flavor cake and then subbing 1/2 of the water in the recipe for amaretto, unless you want a strong flavor then you can sub all of the water with amaretto.

Amia Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:39am
post #3 of 9

I would use the WASC recipe and then do as leily says, sub the amaretto for part, or all, of the water. Costco's liquor store does carry DiSaronno for sure (that's where I buy mine!). I think it's $20 for the 750 ml bottle.

I love amaretto! I think I'm going to take my own advice. thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

mjballinger Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:48am
post #4 of 9

mmm..... this sounds good, I'll have to try it. I made white chocolate chip amaretto cookies last week, but never a cake!

Amia Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:11am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

mmm..... this sounds good, I'll have to try it. I made white chocolate chip amaretto cookies last week, but never a cake!

Those sound heavenly! Would you mind PMing me your recipe?!?! Pretty please! icon_biggrin.gif I'll eat/drink pretty much anything with amaretto in it!

mjballinger Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:18am
post #6 of 9

amia,
I just sent it. Enjoy!
~Jen

Suzycakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:33am
post #7 of 9

I do as Leily does. I start with a white cake mix, add 8 oz sour cream, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/4 cup water. Then once I place the mix the in pan I 'kick it up a notch' and sprinkle some Creme deAlmond (which is a bright pink) and swirl it into the cake mix. It comes out real pretty with the pink swirls in the cake layers. I have not added almond extract to my recipe -- but I can see where it would be a good idea.

Suze

Children Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:41am
post #8 of 9

Mjballinger would you mind PMing me that recipe also..........it sounds delicous. I am always on the lookout for a good cookie recipe. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

aprilcake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 9

thanks so much! This helped alot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%