Need Ideas For Father's Day

Decorating By candycakes51 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 12:40pm by candycakes51

candycakes51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes51 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:03am
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I need a new idea, definately not a shirt or tie, for an 8" round cake for Father's day. I have tried soliciting info re hobbies, etc. for the recipient but the client just says, anything will do. I just did a similar cake for their silver anniversary and they liked the taste so much they want another, but I obviously can't repeat that design for this cake since the main decorations on that cake were the silver anniversary laurel wreaths. Cake will be banana with cream filling and bc icing. Iam doing this cake as a favor so don't want to spend tons of time on it or get too elaborate, but I do want it to be something that I am proud to present. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

3 replies
mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #2 of 4

I was going to suggest making a 'steak cake" but the banana flavor seems at odds with that design. icon_confused.gif

How about a grill cake or making a pattern that looks like gift wrap-complete with tag reading "happy father's day". If you are feeling adventurous check out Thanh Thanh's beautiful scroll work. She has made some wonderful things that would work. Her cakes are fantastic!!

good luck.

mommachris

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:20am
post #3 of 4

Have you had a chance to look in the galleries at the father's day cakes? There are lots of cute ones, also look at Groom's cakes as those generally represent men's interests (duh).

I love the grill cakes that mommachris mentions - check out the galleries, there are lots of cute ones that could be scaled down to the level of detail you feel is appropriate for the order.

candycakes51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes51 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the suggestions, I like both these ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%