Fleshtone & Black Color Help Please. :)

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 4:18am by KTsmom1

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:45am
post #1 of 6

I bought the Americolor Copper (Fleshtone). I tried to make the color tonight but I think it looks a little too pinky. Nothing like the dot of color on top of the bottle. Did I add too much? Have I not added enough? I thought I would ask first before I messed with it anymore.

Any help please?

Thanks

I'm also having problems with my black color. It just looks like a grey marble. What am I doing wrong?

HELP icon_cry.gif

Kimberly icon_smile.gif

5 replies
CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 6

Yes, it sounds like you added too much copper - I do that every time! And it takes an awful lot of black to get a good color, try starting with chocolate buttercream or fondant and go from there.

Heather

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:06am
post #3 of 6

Flesh is really weird to begin with it seams each time I make it, it looks different.

Take a small batch of your already collered stuff and add some more white icing it that does not work. Go the other way and add more color. I must say, I had issues with Burgendy last month and all I could get was this gray mauve color (I used 1/2 the bottle in 4 batches and kept on getting the same blah gray! nothing like the Red Wine color I was hoping for.

For your black, I always start with a Chocolate Buttercream, that way you are 1/2 way there, unless it's for less than a cup worth of icing.

I have also used sometimes started by making my white icing brown and then adding the black, when I have chocolate allergies and it works great.

I sure hope that helps.

Good Luck.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 6

Hey I use a little copper gel and ivory gel. Hope this helps.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:10am
post #5 of 6

I have added a smidge of brown to my fleshtone...seemed to come out pretty good.
icon_wink.gif

KTsmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTsmom1 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:18am
post #6 of 6

With black, I have the best luck when I take chocolate fondant and mix black into it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%