Online Photosharing - Need Suggestions

Lounge By tracycakes Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 1:55pm by tracycakes

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:40am
post #1 of 4

One of my hobbies is photography. I've decided to use one of the online photosharing websites but I'm having difficulty deciding on one. I would enjoy your input on any that you use, the good and bad.

I'm really concerned about protecting my photos from being "stolen" and I would love to be able to sell some. I had never really thought about it before until some fellow cc'ers had some issues with their cake photos.

I appreciate any advice!

3 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:41am
post #2 of 4

I personally like photobucket. When you sign up, go to your account settings and you can set your account to private, so no one can see your pics. It has a new editing feature too. I also use Kodak gallery if I want to make cards or order prints.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

You should take a look at Deviant Art, if you're interested in displaying your photos to others, and in selling prints. They have an option to add a watermark to your work too. Here's my deviant art site http://darkmindseye.deviantart.com/ I don't sell prints, and I just use the free membership, but they have other options. My sister's had a page there for years and I got one so that I'd be able to leave her comments when she posted photos of my kids, but then I got into graphics design and started posting some of my stuff. All I've put up in quite a while is photos of my cakes...sometimes it's nice to share my cakes with a bunch of people who don't do cakes themselves.

If you're looking for a place to store your photos and to be able to post links to them, etc...I've used photobucket for that for years. The only thing is that you have to set your album to private, otherwise if you post a photo in a forum somewhere, someone can follow it back and see every photo in your album.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I was looking at photobucket and just found out about deviant art a few weeks ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%