Would Like Your Opinions On My Website Please!

Business By ChrisfromNOLA Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm by rmelendrez

ChrisfromNOLA Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:30am
post #1 of 13

Hello, I've recently made a website for my new business www.riverbendbakery.com and would like to know what you think.

We mainly specialize in biscotti, we do a lot of wholesale to local cafes and specialty food stores and are trying to get more business through our website where people can buy and ship our items as gifts.
I would really appreciate some opinions on if it is user friendly, and any tips on what would make it better from a customer's perspective.

icon_smile.gif Thanks!

12 replies
costumeczar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 13

Ooooh, now I want pralines. I thought it looked good when I gave it a quick look. I'll look closer tomorrow, but it was easy to jump around page to page, and the pictures did make me want pralines, so THANKS A LOT!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Now I either have to order some or keep thinking about them!

BigTexinWV Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 13

I looked at your website. I found it really easy to use, it loaded really fast!!!! This is a really good thing. I like that on every page your phone number and email address was easy to find. I think you have a really great site. These are my suggestions, and keep in mind I am totally nit-picking. I like you web site.

1. If you have a logo, I would have it is the banner for all pages.

2. Maybe use more than just one font, a little more graphics, maybe more colors? But make sure you can still load the page in under 3 seconds.

3. Under the Gift Box Page the back ground in the pictures is not as appealing as the pictures in the other pages. Maybe pose your product with a nicer background.

lovetofrost Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 13

I agree with the other post. I think it looks very good and your photos are very professional looking. The only other think that kind of bothered me is when you first upload the page on the welcome screen, my eyes went directly to the tan box right above your menu on the right. I hope this helped. Good luck, I am really craving biscotti now.

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 13

I like the website..It was easy to navigate.I did find that the two toned burgundy background was a bit hard on my eyes..a bit strong.It kinda floods out the lettering a bit.Pictures were great and inticing!! Nice layout...very professional!

MichelleM77 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 13

I think it looks great, but it needs something...something a bit warmer. It feels like a wholesale website, not something that would appeal to the general consumer, especially the home page. Do you know what I mean? For some reason part of it for me is that your name is so small. I don't know why, can't explain it. icon_smile.gif

Now I want to know how you bake biscotti without the ends chipping off when you slice it!

confectioneista Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 13

I looked at your website, too. I really like the colors - very cafe-ish - has that feel of gourmet coffee..mmm....

And I think I would so eat the whole bag of biscottis - I absolutely love biscottis, and your flavs sound YUMMY!

Here's my suggestions for your site:

1. You're family owned and operated - tell a bit about yourselves on your homepage - this is a personal touch; you're part of the community, it'll make people care that you're in and of the community and want to be your customers over some commercial company that may be out there.

2. Do you sell your coffee separately? If so, add a page for that. (And BTW, your coffee flavs sound yummy, too).

3. I noticed on the bottom of each page there was a blurb about your biscottis describing, what the ingredients are, etc. Great idea, except I would have that blurb on the biscotti page, and then on the praline page have a blurb about your pralines, and then on the gift pages, have blurbs about your gift packages. IOW, individualize each page for the product your are showing.

Um, other than that I think it looks pretty good! Congrats! And I hope you sell lots! Best wishes icon_wink.gif

tracycakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #8 of 13

It looks really good and professional. I only noticed a couple of things.

1. On the welcome page, the tan boxes above and to the left of the menu are a little distracting. As lovetofrost said, my eyes went straight to it and I kept waiting for another picture to appear.

2. This is my own little issue but on the online store page, the bottom line is past the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it. Since there is quite a bit a blank space above, it would be nice not to have to scroll down when there is only that one line left.

Very easy to navigate and the pictures look really great and professional. I've always wanted to make biscotti but was afraid to - don't know why.

rmelendrez Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 13

It's very user friendly and I like the look and flavor hmmm...I can smell the coffee LOL! Easy to navigate from page to page. A few suggestions:

1. Add a "Home" or "Welcome Page" link to the each page so that customers may return directly back to the beginning of the site.

2. Bold the font of the page titles on each page so that the words "pop" right out to the customer.

3. On the "Shop our Store" page there is a line between Sign-in and Biscotti...you may want to remove the extra line unless there is a need for it.

4. The Wedding Favors page is a fantastic concept, however, lacks the "Wow" factor. Pictures could be larger and more of the them. Also add photos of packaged products with personalized wedding labels ....some really good examples that will capture the brides attention.

5. For future site development and in keeping with your current theme...add a separate page titled "Cafe" to advertise coffee... add a page titled "Bistro Gallery" for photos of gift baskets and other than wedding items i.e. Seasonal items, Mothers' Day, Birthdays, Grads etc. etc.

Everything looks yummy...I love Biscotti so I look forward to trying yours in the near future. Good luck and keep us posted on future enhancements.

Cheers,
Rachel

soobsessedwithcake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #10 of 13

Looks good! I like the colors used. I also like how it loaded quickly. Only things I could think of is maybe having the "We are a Louisiana specialty bakery, family owned and operated. Delicious artisan biscotti! Made in small batches with wonderful ingredients like fresh butter and eggs. We take pride in our products and are happy to be generous with the "good stuff" like chocolate, dried fruit, pure extracts, and freshly toasted nuts." on the first page instead so they know right away why they should order from you. I also like the picture of the biscottis on all the other pages better than the one you have on the welcome page. Just my opinion though. Also once I was in the "store" area I wasn't able to click on something to get back to the opening/welcome page unless I used the back button on my browser. Just a couple things I noticed. Not trying to be mean just hoping to help. Good luck in your business!!

cakeryluv Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 13

I like the home page colors (with the exception of the tan box above your links...looks like something is missing), but it seems a little disjointed because the colors from the home page don't carry through to the colors on the rest of the pages. The online store portion's header doesn't carry over either.

One other note, I have a very high resolution screen on my laptop, so while this wouldn't be an issue for a typical person browsing, take a look of the screen snapshot below. This is what your home page looks like on my screen. Maybe see if it's possible to lay it out like the Online Store portion (see the 2nd screenshot below) because you will avoid those screen resolution/layout issues.
LL
LL

ChrisfromNOLA Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 13

WOW!!! You all have been a fantastic help to me, all of your comments and suggestions were wonderful! I have printed them out and will be working on the improvements you all have suggested.
I truly appreciate you all taking the time to look at the website and give me your insightful opinions!
I never thought I would ever build a website, the only thing I ever used the computer for was to shop, and to vist CC. B/c everthing ended up costing about 2-3x's more than anticipated opening our bakery, if I wanted a website I had to do it myself. So, it has been challenging and I can not thank you all enough for sharing your thoughts.
icon_biggrin.gif Christine

rmelendrez Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisfromNOLA

WOW!!! You all have been a fantastic help to me, all of your comments and suggestions were wonderful! I have printed them out and will be working on the improvements you all have suggested.
I truly appreciate you all taking the time to look at the website and give me your insightful opinions!
I never thought I would ever build a website, the only thing I ever used the computer for was to shop, and to vist CC. B/c everthing ended up costing about 2-3x's more than anticipated opening our bakery, if I wanted a website I had to do it myself. So, it has been challenging and I can not thank you all enough for sharing your thoughts.
icon_biggrin.gif Christine

Your welcome ... please share the final version when it's completed.
Cheers
Rachel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%