What Would You Use...

Decorating By KarenOR Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 10:27pm by KarenOR

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:17am
post #1 of 7

to texture something to look like chantilly lace?
I'm making just the figurines for my cousin's wedding. They are going to be in their dress/tux and then have hiking boots/backpacks. I got a picture of the dress and want to make it resemble the real thing.
I don't know if there are tools out there, or just make a pattern?

6 replies
projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:41am
post #2 of 7

I have never done this and don't know for sure if it would work, but...what about those plastic table cloths that come on the big rolls in the variety store.

Sometimes they have some with patterns that look like eyelet or lace. I have often thought about buying a piece and pressing it into fondant to make a design, but I haven't tried it yet.

I think it might work. Or maybe real lace? But I would wash it first.

KarenOR Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 7

Any other ideas?

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 7

I read somewhere on her that someone rolls fondant through a pasta maker with a real pice of lace to get the impression on the it. Maybe you could try that?

debo_04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debo_04 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 7

I did use the plastic table cloth for my friend who wanted a "leather" cake. I had no idea how to make "tooled" leather so I got a piece of the plastic leather, rolled my fondant really thin, had my husband roll it really hard onto the table cloth and it came out great. You really see the pattern well if you paint it, but you could actually see it before I painted it, it was just more subtle.

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 7

If you were using color fondant , just lay a piece of real lace over the fondant and just thin royal icing and paint over the lace, remove the lace, and tada, you have lace covered fondant. For a better detailed description, go to Wilton.com and look for lace painting.

KarenOR Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks.
I'm just trying to give a little texture to the wedding dress that the bride figuring will be wearing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%