Belly Cake

Decorating By lusain Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 2:02am by DaisyLisa17

lusain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lusain Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone out there willing to tell me how to make a belly cake? icon_confused.gif I was asked to make one for a baby shower. Thanks to all- "Grateful Adoptee"

3 replies
juledcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juledcakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 4

hi,

do you want to put it on a cake or straight onto a board?

if you put it on a cake i just use shrink wrapped coveres styrofoam halves for the breasts and belly if your not putting it onto another cake than use a half of the ball pan for the belly and the wonder mold for the breasts. for the dress roll your fondant out so that its roughly in the shape of a dress with the bottom part being wider than the top, just lay it on top and shape to desired affect. hope this helps if you have any other questions just pm me.

julia

lusain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lusain Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #3 of 4

thanks alot. I do want to put onto a board, this will certainly get me started.

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 4

Aww...I just made a belly cake last week for a friends baby shower. It was the most fun to make! I used a half ball pan for the belly and two cupcakes for the boobs. I rolled out the fondant and cut it in sections to make the dress fit as best I could around the boobs and belly. I used mmf for the dress and flowers and choc. bc for decoration. It was so much fun to make, and everyone loved it! Check it out in my pics.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%