Martini Catastrophini

Decorating By pinklesley1 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 12:16am by sunnybono

pinklesley1 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 4

I had to deliver this cake on friday to a drs office (none the less) for a receptionists birthday... now she a Big fan of Sex and the City... so she wanted a Cosmopolitan cake... and me.. always wanted to be #1 when it comes to customer service says... SURE.. I can do that.... when i have never done that type of sculpting before...
so i tell her what flavor. and she wants carrot... ( i think.. ok thats sturdy enough) so i have like three recipies.. ( one is plain the other has nuts and the last one has nuts and raisins) no IDIOT me askes... you want nut and/or raisins... and she says... yes to both..
so i make this NIGHTMARE cake... and it doesnt bake up good in the center... i put it back in the oven... and check again.. still not done... so i am about to cry tinking that my oven has gone to heaven...
So it finally cooks up and then... i make it flat on one end and start to carve... i had staked an 8 on top of a 6 ...
and im carving and the retarded a$$ raisins start making CHUNKS of cake fall off...... i get the shape pretty ok, and I tell my DH to pass the icing... in a frantic rage i start to ice (like a mad woman)
I had finished icing the left side turn the board and start in on the right... when i feel something is going to happen, then....
DUM DUM DUM... the whole bottom layer (the 6) crumbles into a million chunks... UNSALVAGABLE...
so ihad baked up some mini wondermolds.. (which i do to give away to the people in my building... and i ran to the fridge where i had them collong and put it on the bottom of the 8... and it worked...
Now im not super happy bc the fondant was bumpy, (bc of the St*P!d A$$ rasins,
But hey the girl loved it... and I gave her a small 6 inch cake the I had made for my BIL that i made look like a cherry, so she got two cakes for the price of one... and she didnt complain...

Sorry so long... felt like venting... fingers hurt now...
LL
LL

3 replies
MaisieBake Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 4

Nice save.

The cherry cake is adorable.

foxymomma521 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 4

Wow, you are super talented, I never would have guessed you had a problem with it!

sunnybono Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:16am
post #4 of 4

Really...although the type of cake presented a big problem, your fondant looks great and the cherry was a nice touch. Very very good save. It could have been disasterous, but it wasn't. You are talented.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%