Cream Cheese Mints!! What's The Trick???

Decorating By korkyo Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 1:39am by korkyo

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 7

I' need to make 250 of these cream cheese mints. They are not coming out so well.
Can I use the hard candy molds? What's the trick.

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 7

I always cheat and roll small balls, press with a fork dipped in sugar or P.Sugar.

I think you can use the hard candy molds. you will probably have to briefly freeze the mint in order to pop it out of the mold.

korkyo Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:22am
post #3 of 7

I put the mold in the freezer but can't get them out.
AArrggghhhh.....

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

Make sure that your dough is not to soft - chill if needed. Then pick off small bits drop into a bowl of granulated sugar. Dip your mint mold (soft yellow ones) in some granulated sugar to coat the bottom, gently press small ball into mold and then turn out onto cookie sheet.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #5 of 7

These sound so good. Do you need to refrigerate them, like a cream cheese icing would need to be?

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 7

I don't and have never had any problems. I use cream cheese, powdered sugar and some flavoring, color as needed. I had some at home that I left out all weekend just to see what would happen and come Monday they were still great. No problems.

korkyo Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #7 of 7

Ah ha! It was the consistency part that I was messing up. This recpie mentioned making it like pie dough and that fixed my problem. Pretty much what was posted here too. Thanks all!!

Flexible hard candy molds may be used for molding: Cream Cheese mints, Butter mints, Chocolate, , Rolled fondant, Butter and Hard Candy-limited use for hard candy as they will break down the rubber in time (please see hard candy molds)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The following recipe is great for these types of molds. CREAM CHEESE MINTS RECIPE: 2 oz. of cream cheese (room temperature) 1/8 teaspoon oil of peppermint* 1-2/3 cups powdered sugar Food color (optional)* Granulated sugar~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In a medium to large bowl mash cream cheese, add a drop or 2 of our oil flavoring and gel food coloring, gradually mix in powdered sugar. Knead mixture with hands until it is like the consistency of pie dough. Form small balls and roll each in granulated sugar. (The sugar prevents the cream cheese mixture from sticking to the mold.) Gently press the ball of dough into the mold cavity, smoothing off any excess. Unmold immediately onto wax paper on a flat surface. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Mints will freeze easily so you can prepare them in advance.
6 items found

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%