Would I Need To Bag Stripe Or Something Else?

Decorating By froggyqueen Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 8:25pm by froggyqueen

froggyqueen Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 10

I am trying to make a border with 2 colors. The colors are blue and yellow. I'm not sure If I stripe the bag with blue and put in yellow icing or what. All the other that I have seen done striped the bag with different colors and added white icing. I'm sure I only want those 2 colors. If I put both colors in the bage, wouldn't they mix and make some green? HELP please LOLL

9 replies
mellormom Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 10

you can do what is called an icing plug. You take some of the blue icing and roll it in cling wrap. You leave one side open and the other side you tie off. Do the same for the other color and then put them both in the bag open side down. Then you should get two colors and no mixing. If this is confusing let me know.
Jen...

froggyqueen Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

you can do what is called an icing plug. You take some of the blue icing and roll it in cling wrap. You leave one side open and the other side you tie off. Do the same for the other color and then put them both in the bag open side down. Then you should get two colors and no mixing. If this is confusing let me know.
Jen...

Nope, I just saw a post on this yesterday, but it was for adding one color! Thanks, I'll give it a try! thumbs_up.gif

awolf24 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 10

Exactly what Jen just said - that is the first thing I thought of. You'll get less mixing of the colors so less chance for green.

Or you could do two rows of a border - like two rows of stars, or shells - one blue and one yellow to keep them completely separate. I did that for the Elmo cake in my pictures.

aswartzw Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 10

Or if the plug idea is confusing Wilton sells bags where you can put two separate colors in it and then pipe it.

Tootall Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 10

icon_surprised.gif Wilton has bags like that?? I've never seen them! Awesome! icon_biggrin.gif Learn something new every day!

poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 10

mellormom WHAT a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

aswartzw Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootall

icon_surprised.gif Wilton has bags like that?? I've never seen them! Awesome! icon_biggrin.gif Learn something new every day!

At least they used to. I think Ateco does too.

have_your_cake Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 10

I tried a two color border with "icing plugs" for the first time the other day and it worked like a charm!

froggyqueen Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the great tips! I can't wait for my kiddos to go to bed so I can try it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%