What's The Matter With Me?

Decorating By becky27 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm by pastrylady

becky27 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter and my little brother are both graduating middle school...so you would think i would be so excited to do a cake for the both of them! Well i don't know if i am depressed or what...i love making cakes...and when i am doing cakes i get all these grand ideas on how to make cakes for my children or family so super fantastic/spectacular and then when the time comes for a cake for us...I POOP OUT!!! I just get so over it before i even begin!!!! i end up just finding some other desert...does anyone else have this problem?? or could it be i am just so depressed that my baby is going to be in high school?? but then what's my excuse for the birthday's? or any other events that we should have cake that i fall short??? i don't know...anyone?? please tell me i am not the only one this happens to??? well thanks for letting me vent!!!

3 replies
mocakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

Oh my gosh! I totally know what you are talking about! I do the SAME thing!!!

Over the last 2 years, I have actually tried to talk my kids into picking a different dessert for their birthdays! icon_redface.gif

I don't know what the deal is or why I do that....but I can totally relate!

AJsGirl Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 4

Sounds like nerves to me! When you have a great idea, write it down, sketch it out, and file it away. Then when the occasion comes up, just pull out your notes, and put one foot in front of the other. icon_smile.gif

pastrylady Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

You know the old saying..."The cobbler's kids have no shoes"...

I think it's pretty typical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%