Decorating By godsgrace Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm by jenbenjr

godsgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
godsgrace Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 9

Is this right?

1 C. Crisco
1 C. Flour
1 C. Oil

It has been awhile since I have made any and I can't find my receipe!

Thanks

8 replies
jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 9

Yep....that's it. icon_biggrin.gif

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 9

I've never seen this before. I'm thinking this is in place of the usual grease and flour. Am I right? Do you just put a thin layer of this stuff in your pans? Anything special to be aware of? Does it need to be refrigerated or do you use it up fast enough?

jenbenjr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 9

Yes, it is in place of grease and flour. It works awesome! The only think I use anymore. I just mix mine up in a bowl by hand with a whisk and store it in my cupboard. It keeps in an airtight container.....no need to put in the fridge. Just brush it on the pan with a pastry brush and pour in your batter. No other special instructions. I have never had a cake stick since I started using this.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 9

One of the beauty points of this mix is you can make as much or as little as you need...just use equal parts of each.

I only mix about a quarter cup of each when I make it since I don't bake very much these days, but you can make large batches if you need that much!

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:14pm
post #6 of 9

I am still very new to this cake thing, having stuck to cookies and cupcakes more, but I can very rarely get a cake out clean. I use good quality pans, but seeing this is something I will try tonight, my question is just regulare veg oil with the flour and crisco, and do i need to do the sides as well? what about my wilton baking strips? thanks to anyone who can help!

jenbenjr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 9

Yes, equal parts veg. oil, crisco, and flour. You need to brush this all over the pan..sides and bottom and your heating core of flower nail if using one. You can also use you baking strips so that the cakes bake more evenly and more level.

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 9

How much cake release is necessary? i baked last night to try this, and the bottom was perfect, but the sides would not release. I made WASC and was so afraid to over cook is, but the sides never did release, i tore the cake up a little getting it out.

any suggestions?

jenbenjr Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 9

I make sure that I give a good coat to the whole pan....you shouldn't see any "bare" spots. It just sounds like you didn't put enough on the sides of your pan or you didn't bake the cake long enough. The cake should start to pull away from the sides of your pan when it is done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%