Ready To Do Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By Kay_NL Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm by hallow3

Kay_NL Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 2

Since posting my website locally I have been swamped with orders for celebration cakes and have 2 inquiries about wedding cakes for 2009. The only wedding cake i've made was for my Wilton class and I wasn't overly pleased with it.

So, how do you know if you are (or will be ready?) I am quite pleased with my stacked cakes so far, and I really want to take order for 2009. I guess I'm just a bit nervous.

1 reply
hallow3 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 2

If you are comfortable with your cake baking and stacking abilities go for it. You will have plenty of time for practice until 2009. I probably would give a discount to the first wedding cake to the bride because if it turned out great you will get great referrals and you will learn alot in by doing it. You never know until you try your first wedding cake. There is always a first in everything. I never thought I would make a cake in my life until I was bored and went to Hobby Lobby just to look around and stumble across a beginners Wilton class and my husband told me I needed a hobby or some friends, especially since we moved and I ended up with a brain anuresym a year later. He really pushed me into this hobby and bought me for christmas the 101 pc Wilton box and my wilton I cake class. I think it was the best present he gave me. I am meeting new friends here and on CC and I am making and dreaming cakes all the time now.LOL. Now, if I can get my daughter married off so I can make her wedding cake, I can't wait for the day. I really don't want her married but I want to make that wedding cake. LOL well back to you, sorry for the trailoff. But go for it. You have talent and you need to express them in wedding cake!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%