Gps

Lounge By Katie-Bug Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm by BigTexinWV

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:25am
post #1 of 9

Hi all! I have resisted but we are now looking for a GPS for the truck. We haven't really got one in mind, just want a really good one. Any pointers or suggestions???

Thanks so much!! Katie icon_smile.gif

8 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #2 of 9

Have you checked the Consumer's Report website to see if there is any information on them there? They usually publish the reports on the product tests they do.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:52am
post #3 of 9

We have a Garmin-nuvi 360 and my husband has had nothing but good things to say about it. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 9

I have Tom-Tom and I love it so much when I was living in TX and NC, but then I move to WV and my little GSP was just as lost as me! icon_redface.gif

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 9

That is what I am affraid of, getting on that doesn't know anymore then me. icon_redface.gif

I have heard about the Tom-Tom the most, but that doesn't mean anything. I will check these two out, Thanks!!

Oh, is a silly question I'm sure but do they all give turn-by-turn directions or not? icon_redface.gif

Thanks again!! thumbs_up.gif

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 9

my husband bought me a Garmin nuvi a few weeks ago and I love it. I have not gotten lost yet except to my own house, it takes me to the park instead behind me. I took it to Florida and was great, it showed me resturants in the area, parks, hotels, transportation sites ie airports, car rentals ect. I absolutely love this Garmin. I even flew to South Bend,IN two weeks for an interview and rented a car, I got to drive around the area and not got lost one time. It was a total lifesaver for me. Highly recommend it.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcmulle

We have a Garmin-nuvi 360 and my husband has had nothing but good things to say about it. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Just got this for DH for father's day and he says it's the best gift he ever received! He LOVES it. He named her Feona(sp?). I call her his new girlfriend.

It does give turn by turn directionds and if you take a wrong turn anyway, it tells you how to get back on track.

I bought his from Wal-Mart b/c they had the best price and read great reviews about this one on line. I think I paid about $180 with the tax, but they do have really expensive models that are should be really cool.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #8 of 9

I have had my Garmin for over a year and I love it! thumbs_up.gif

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 9

It is not only my Tom-Tom that gets lost (REALLY LOST). But Google Maps does also. I think that it is just here I am living right now. Lots of little mountain roads.

I get sent up one way streets (the wrong way), I am told to take U turns on the interstate, and sometimes it sends me in the totally wrong direction!

I do not totally blame this to Tom-Tom. It works great in North Texas! North Carolina, no problems. I even used in Little Rock AR, and Memphis TN.

I love how it tells you when to turn and everything. I was like Michael off of "The Office" I would just listen to Tom (That is what I call my GPS) and not pay any attention to where I was, if Tom said "turn", I turned! We had a great relationship! He gave the orders and I followed them!!!! Until he ordered me to make a U-turn on I79!

Evidently we are have communication issues in our relationship!

I still like him though!
icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%