Can I Make Applique'out Of Ondant On To A Bc Cake?

Decorating By lmluna02 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 2:52am by sugarshack

lmluna02 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

This is m 1st attempt at a 4 tier wedding cake , due in Aug, she has emailed a pic, that has black applique' on it the cake is ivory bc, i thought i would make the applique out of fondant. can i put fondant cutouts on a bc cake??HELP. Also not real sure how to make the applique' other than blowing up the pic and tracing it to make a templet. any comments are greatly appreicated!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

3 replies
tracey1970 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:54am
post #2 of 4

Yes, you can place fondant accents on a BC cake. I did that with the Glasgow Rangers cake in my pics. I did fondant letters to go all the way around the outside of the cake. I cut out the letters over a week in advance and let them dry in a covered (but not airtight) container kept out of the light to avoid colour fading. I then brushed each letter lightly with a damp paintbrush and set them into the cake. Making a template of the size of design you need would be an OK way to go about it.

lmluna02 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

Thank u so much, I am VERY NEW to all this , and your comments help out greatly!!! Thanks

sugarshack Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:52am
post #4 of 4

YOU GOT IT ALL RIGHT!

make your template, cut them out, let them dry a bit and then attach with some water!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%