Dumped...

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 2:39am by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 13

My good friend was suppose to be getting married this October and I was going to do her pure chocolate cake. Well she was just dumped this Friday night because of stupid little reasons, basically he doesn't want to get married and grow up.(He prefers to live with his mom and dad forever I guess) *His family is very upset by this too* Honestly, he wasn't good enough for her. She graduated last month and didn't go to it because he doesn't like those things, but yet his mom-dad-brother and sister went icon_confused.gif
Anyways, the poor girl can't get any $ from her deposits back and she can't return anything she already bought which was almost everything needed. She's screwed. She decided yesterday to do a kick butt party since she can't get her money back. I'm still making the cake....any ideas? It could be pretty or mean spirited she's game for anything.

12 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:21am
post #2 of 13

I've seen a horse's a$$ cake on a few websites that might be appropriate icon_biggrin.gif

If she's still planning the party in October, though, she may not be as bitter and angry by then.

tammycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammycake Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 13

Just make a beautiful cake that she will love and hope she sees the errors of her ways by the end of this month. By October she will hopefully realize what a favor he did her by dumping her and how lucky she is not to be marrying a child that wants to live with his parents.

Maybe in the next few weeks she can come up with a fun theme for the party and you can go with that.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:33am
post #4 of 13

fun fun fun!!! it has to be a cake that reflects she is better off without him...like all the things she can do now...like travel.....hang with her friends etc....she is a lucky girl.....thank goodness this happened before things progressed into like morgages, children etc....he totally did her a favor...now when a good man comes along she will be sure to really notice and appreciate!!!!!!!! have fun!!!!

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:33am
post #5 of 13

Ok...I would still be slightly miffed, but that's just me! I'm so sorry this happened to your friend. I wouldn't want anything to beautiful. I'd want to save that for my actual wedding day. I'm not sure how she is, but I would end up crying if I saw a gorgeous wedding cake on what was suppose to be the happiest day of my life, only it wasn't the happiest. I would want to laugh! So, IMHO, I would do something fun, funny, and totaly kick butt! icon_biggrin.gif

tania9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tania9 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 13

This idea popped into my head, Make her the choc cake she wanted and maybe a tiered cake, and do you make figures? I think making a figure of her and one of him, with her looking proud and please with herself...brushing her hands together and walking away from the male figure which is upside down stuck in the cake with legs askew icon_lol.gif
She'll hopefully be feeling much stronger by the time of the party and will be glad to be rid of him, so I think something like this would be funny and a show of her strength in getting over something so horrible, I wish her all the best icon_smile.gif

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:39am
post #7 of 13

That's really sad, and your right, she's better off without him! Here's an idea I liked, it was for a divorce party, but I think it could work for this as well..

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1184694

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:42am
post #8 of 13

has she thought about 'selling' her wedding? I know its a wacky idea but I saw listing randomly on ebay the other day from a couple that decided not to get married and was selling all their deposits/reservations as a package.

There are sometimes people wanting to get married in a short time frame - military, pregnant just want a short engagement (my husband and I only had an 8 month engagement)

If she is into that idea perhaps an ad on craigslist, ebay, kijiji, local papers, theknot? maybe she could get some of her money back!

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:44am
post #9 of 13

I am so sorry for your friend, but better sooner than later! Thank goodness she doesn't have kids with him and a mortgage!
What about that beautiful divorce cake that's in the galleries here? (I can't remember who did it....it's the one with the groom smooshed under the cake) I know they never got married in the first place, but I think it would still have merit!
Good luck! Sounds like a fun cake gig!

thumbs_up.gif

Les Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Les Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:45am
post #10 of 13

How about something to show that he may have been the fish she hooked but there is s much better fish in the sea. Know what I mean? When you want that marlin and get something else, what do you do with it? you turn into chum and keep fishing.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:00am
post #11 of 13

I say do the cake as originally requested, keep the bride, but put on Sven, the ski instructor, Thor the scuba instructor, Rafael the weight lifter, etc.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:01am
post #12 of 13

Better that she saw his true colors before the ink was wasted on the marriage license. She'll be hurt for a while, but better off in the end. She probably knows that too, but dang, doesn't being dumped hurt!!!!

If it were me, I'd just want to blow it all on a party that wasn't related in any way to the loser. Why churn up bad feelings? But, that's just me. She may be able to look back in October and laugh and realize that she's in a good place. Who knows, maybe she'll have a new guy on her arm? If it were my party, I'd just do a fun themed party (Las Vegas, Octoberfest, Halloween, Caribbean, etc.) and invite all my friends to just have some fun.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:39am
post #13 of 13

Well we talked and she's all for something fun. She said elegant would probably hurt too much to see it considering what the day was suppose to be. Right now she's planning on doing a Halloween themed party since it's just the week before Halloween. She's thinking about a Masquerade ball and just having a lot of fun. She said a cake with her ex falling off would be great or anything with a fun theme at all. She just wants to have a great time and prove to him she can and will move on.
Thanks everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%