Fresh Strawberries And Cream Filling Ok?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 9

How will pastry pride and fresh slices strawberries hold on a wedding cake I'm traveling with. I will drive to hours to the location and then refrigerate some more than set up and leave at wedding, will the strawberries hold ok? Plan on doing thin layer of pastry pride then one layer of sliced strawberries then add one more thin layer of pastry pride to cover strawberries.

Thanks in advance.

8 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:59am
post #2 of 9

I usually do a thicker layer of Richs whipped topping when using strawberries and travelling with the cake, that way there is less chances of a soggy cake. I have safely kept these cakes for atleast 3 days in the fridge so travelling a few hours should not be a problem!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:07am
post #3 of 9

I have traveled with stabilized whipped cream and fresh strawberry stacked cakes and they have been fine. You should not have any problems at all unless the car you are traveling in has no A/C. I am thinking you should be good...I must admit I do not know what Pastry Pride is but I know my Strawberries hold up well with the stabilized whipped cream so I am thinking you should be ok!!

vicmic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicmic Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:08am
post #4 of 9

Is Rich's whipped topping a brand or recipe. How is it made?

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:13am
post #5 of 9

How do you stabilize whipped cream? TIA

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:35am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 282513

I have heard that you should add Knoxx plain gelatin to it. I have a box in my cabinet waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. Couldn't find the recipe. Sorry

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:00am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

Is Rich's whipped topping a brand or recipe. How is it made?

Richs whipped topping is a liquid in a tetra pak that comes frozen, once defrosted it is whipped and can be used as whipped cream. It is however MUCH more versatile and easier to use than actual cream. Great for decorators, I swear by it. thumbs_up.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:52am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 282513

Hi, I have never used the KNOXX gelatin. I use either a product called WhipIt (a Dr.Oetker product) or this recipe:

3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup Wilton Meringue Powder
1 lb. Confectioner's sugar
1 cup butter, softened*
1 cup white Crisco
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in small saucepan. Heat just until sugar dissolves. Do not boil. Let cool to room temperature.

When cool, put in mixing bowl and add meringue powder. Beat with beaters until stiff peaks form.

Add 1 cup butter and 2 cups confectioner's sugar and continue whipping until fluffy.

Add 1 cup Crisco and 2 tsp. vanilla and continue whipping.

Add remainder of confectioner's sugar and finish whipping.

This makes a very creamy frosting that can also be piped onto cake.

*If you want the frosting to be absolutely white, use 2 cups of Crisco and no butter and clear vanilla product.

Enjoy!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 9

thank you all for your replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%