My First Stacked Cake!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:17pm by courtney1009

CakeInfatuation Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am so thrilled with this I had to share. I took it to my kids preschool this morning for the annual picnic and it was a huge hit! Makes me wish I had business cards. Anyway, it's my first stacked cake, first FBCT, and these are the first 3D figures I've made that got to grace a cake.

The preschool director took the kids, books, and stars off the cake and saved them so they can put them on the preschool graduation cake. ha ha Guess that's a good sign.

Several people asked me what I would charge for it. I've never charged for a cake so I didn't have an answer. I don't even know how many it would feed. I would like some feedback from some of you though since I think I'll hear this question from them at the graduation.

It was 2-12" layers and 2-8" layers.

6 replies
cakecastle Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 7

How cute! I would never know it was your first anything, looks like you've been doing it forever. icon_biggrin.gif Sorry I can't help with servings or pricing, I've never sold a cake. But yeah, I'd definately say you will probably be getting those questions asked with that fantastic hopefully someone will jump in and give you some suggestions.

tyty Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 7

Your cake is really cute, great looking 1st stacked cake. For pricing I start at $3 per slice, then extra for decorations. If you go to the Wilton site, they have a chart so you can see how many your cake will feed.

CakeWhizz Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 7

Well done Shill! What a cute and original cake. Your figurines are just darling.

ashcake Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 7

Wow! You done a GREAT job!

AdeleP Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 7

Looks fantastic, you did a great job!! thumbs_up.gif

courtney1009 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 7

Very cute! Great job. I would never be able to tell it's your first one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%