Arizona Decorators Look Here!

Decorating By KimAZ Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 3:13am by KimAZ

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All,
I know there are over 100 people from Arizona here at Cake Central and I would like to invite those of you who are not already in one or both of our cake clubs to join us!

The Confection Connection Cake Club meets in Mesa on the last Monday evening of each month. This club has over 40 members and we usually have 2 demos per month given by members. Since it's a fairly large club, usually 20-30 members attend meetings which makes for a lot of discussion and fun.

And the Westside Cake Club meets in Glendale on the last Sunday afternoon of each month. This club currently has about 15 members and we do hands on demos that everyone participates in each month. Plus all the sharing and talk about everything cake and sugar art related. This club also hosts the annual Arizona Cake and Sugar Art Show.

It's really a lot of fun and everyone is welcome! You can come to a meeting or two and see what you think before joining. No pressure at all.
I personally am very active in both clubs and have made some really nice friends and learned a lot from all the people.

If you're interested in more info, please let me know and I'd be happy to share. So many of you participated or attended our last cake show so I thought I'd let you know we're already in the planning stages for the 2009 show!

KimAZ

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 6

Hey, Kim!

I'm not in AZ, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't one (or both) of those clubs sponsor that cake show in February (?) every year?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:41am
post #3 of 6

I'm all the way down in Sierra Vista. Anything more towards the Tucson area? Sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have to be a licenced baker?

KimAZ Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #4 of 6

Playingwithsugar- Yes, one of the clubs, the Westside Cake Club does host the annual Arizona Cake and Sugar Art Show. We had it this past February and will host again next year.

Tallmama- I am not aware of any other cake clubs in Arizona. That's not to say there aren't any, I just don't know of any others. For the two clubs in the Phoenix area, most the decorators are just hobbiest. Everyone is welcome no matter what their skill level.

KimAZ

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 6

Are there websites for the two clubs?

KimAZ Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:13am
post #6 of 6

Oh duh...guess that would be helpful too wouldn't it! Sorry!
Here they are:
This club meets in Mesa but has members from all over the East Valley:
http://www.freewebs.com/confectionconnection/

This club meets in Glendale and has members from the West Valley:
http://www.freewebs.com/westsidecakeclub/

But anyone from anywhere is totally welcome at either club!!

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%