Cookie Dough Cake Filling?

Baking By Nic611 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm by LeanneW

Nic611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic611 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter has requested a white cake with cookie dough filling inside on her birthday. I don't even know how I would do this? I've tried searching the site for recipes and have found none. I'm thinking of just buying cookie dough ice cream and making it an ice cream cake...I'm stumped.

Anyone able to help??

6 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 7

Well I think your first problem would be that it isnt really baked, so that might pose a health risk problem because of the eggs.

With that being said, you could bake a large cookie in your 8 inch pan, grease the pan liberally and use parchment paper to make it easier to remove. Now growing up in my moms house, my sister, dad, and I all like our CCC's underdone, really gooey in the middle. You could essientially do the same thing. Underbake the cookie so that its still gooey in the middle. Let cool. Turn it out, stick it in the middle of your cake, and dam around the edges with a little BC. Its semi cooked, so that would help with the health concerns, but other than placing a fully cooked cookie there you arent really going to get around the whole egg-undercooked issue.

HTH

Nic611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic611 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 7

I guess in my mind I'm thinking more of cookie dough chunks (eggless) then I guess mixed in with buttercream?

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 7

I suppose you could use an egg substitute? I dont know about the health risks posed with egg substitute. You would have to do a little research on that.

Here is an egg-less chocolate chip cookie recipe that I found online at RecipeZaar, just search for eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe, and this one was number 1.

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chunky chocolate piece
1/4 cup pecan halves, salted,roasted

Pretty standard cream the butter and sugar and wet ingredients. Then mix the dry together, and add a little at a time. I would imagine you could use this to fill a cake, or even make little round balls of it and fold into a BC. One thing, if you decide to make the balls and put it into BC roll the balls and then put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer for an hour to firm up. That wasy when you fold them into the BC they dont fall apart. Be careful spreading too, you dont want to tear up your cake with the little frozen balls.

Please let me know how it turns out! I am going to have to try this one myself...

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

If you just want the cookie dough chunks, and you're not going to bake them, why not just leave the eggs out? Would that work?

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 7

I haven't read the packaging, but I know that a few stores around here carry a shelf-stable cookie dough... doesn't have to be refrigerated. I'm not sure whether it does after opening or not, but that might be something to check on. The regular grocery stores have it here.

Maybe mix some of that in with vanilla buttercream? icon_razz.gif *drooling*

just a thought!

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 7

hmmm,

i googled no bake choc chip cookie and i got this recipe for pie that uses choc chip cookies soaked in milk.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:No-Bake_Chocolate_Chip_Cookie_Pie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%