A Huge Thank You To Leahs, And A Cake Contract Amendment

Business By Petit-four Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 9:17pm by Petit-four

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 3

First, this post is not about pans.... icon_cry.gif

Secondly, and more importantly, I'd like to thank Chef Leah for her amazing help in addressing a professional situation I encountered recently. A bride had ordered extra cake (2 different flavors) and the middle tier never got served (despite my written and verbal communication with the Chef).

I thought I'd add the following to my tiered cake contract...it might help someone out, or, if you can think of better wording (I don't have much room left on my "rules" page)...

Here it is: "Cutting diagrams are provided to the site manager to ensure the correct number of servings. However, please understand it is your responsibility to instruct your caterer to serve different cake flavors, if ordered."

I just thought I'd share, and again, a huge thank you to Chef Leah. thumbs_up.gif

All best,
Petit-four

2 replies
yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds fine to me........ How on earth do they have enough cake if they dont cut it all????

I would have thought if you order cake for 100, we bake cake for 100 so the caterer cuts 100 serves. How do you end up with one tier not cut?????
What, nobody wanted that particular flavour??

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, cherylweddingplanner!

Yes -- they ordered cake for 166, and wanted guests to have seconds and such (80 guests). The Chef wanted to serve one slice, once. So he just cut the bottom and no one got to taste the other flavors.

OK -- well, I learn something new everyday, and I appreciate Chef Leah helping me out of a professional situation. I'm adding that clause to my contract.

Hope this helps out someone else too... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%