So I just came from the doctor's office, and it looks like I have 6 weeks to decide what I want to do about my left elbow (tendonitis) and right thumb (tendonitis/arthritis w/ bone spur): Do I want cortisone again? Surgery on one or both? Or just live with it a bit longer?
I just came thru 4 weeks of therapy, a round of steroids and a thumb brace. I've had surgery on my right elbow 2 years ago. It definately helped, but I have pain again, although not as bad. I just have to be careful how much lifting or pulling I do.
I've wanted my thumb done for years...but that is when I thought it was just tendonitis and an easy surgery. Now it involves removing the bone spur, inserting pins and a long time in a cast and therapy...with a 90% recovery rate.
The worst part is, that either surgery will require me to quit my job (these issues made me quit the cake business 3 years ago), and I'm not sure I can deal with that right now.
Sorry for the pity party....I'm just a bit depressed and frustrated right now and need some encouragement. If anyone knows of anyone who had such a thumb surgery, I would like to know how it turned out and how much normal use they have.
thanks for "listening"
Sorry I can't help you, but good luck with whatever you decide to do!
i can relate to that i am wearing a wrist brace and go next week to start therapy on my wrist my Dr think i have carpal tunnel, dont know what good thearpy will do but im willing to try will post pone sugery as long as i can, my fingers get numb and tingley,