Hdi Start A Blog For My Cake Company???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm by BellaBabyCakes

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 4

I've seen lots of businesses with cool blogs that go along with their website. Do any of you know how to set on up, make cool backgrounds, ect.... HELP!

3 replies
BellaBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaBabyCakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 4

This isn't an easy question to answer with a simple response. Ok...

Do you have a site right now? You're going to need to know some at least basic html to set up a blog on it. For the pictures, you can find stock wallpapers and clip art online for free unless you want to hire a graphic artist. Something really splashy requires either code knowledge on your part or the money to pay someone else for it.

Easiest thing would be to set up a free account through blogspot or blogger etc and just link from your site.

Good luck!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 4

DivaLori,
Thanks for answering. I would definitely go the route of making one and linking it my site. I was just wondering if there were templates to use or something to make it look nice.

BellaBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaBabyCakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 4

Most of the free blog sites do have different "themes" to choose from (that's why myspace pages are so ungodly loud and busy...KIDS).

If the site is user friendly (a big IF-myspace isn't lol) it will walk you through finding themes and colors after you sign up.

I'd suggest just signing up at blogspot and see what they have to offer. Then all you need is to create a hotlink to your blog on your main site. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%