Free Fat Daddio's Pan?

Decorating By sassycleo Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm by tiggy2

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #31 of 50

Yay, I got mine, too!

I agree with the others, I was surprised it was a round pan they offered since all the controversy was over the square pans. I really expected a square pan, but hey, it's free and I can always use another pan, right? icon_biggrin.gif

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #32 of 50

I missed it too! Darn, I was really hoping to get to try their pans....oh well....congrats to all of you who got in on it!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:23pm
post #33 of 50

how are you guys getting these free pans? Thanks ..

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #34 of 50

I am very dissappointed in how this was carried out. First it was to be posted on Global Sugar Arts site( which I watched for 2 days) then you had to jump through hoops,and do tricks to find out how to order one. I emailed greg and asked if I missed it on tuesday and he said he was talking to Allen as we speak, hed get back to me and that didnt happen. I just think it should have been alot clearer as to how this whole thing was to be carried out. I will order my sets of pans anyway but am still dissappointed in the handeling of the whole thing. Just my opinion.

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #35 of 50

You know, they have the 8x2 round pan (which was the free one) on sale right now for $5.12, so it's not like it's too expensive to buy just to try one out if you happened to miss out on the free one. I know alot of people are upset over the way it was made available, but I still think it was very generous of Fat Daddio to even make that offer, and Global Sugar Art to agree to it. It's money out of FD's pocket and more work for GSA to have to handle all the orders and get them shipped out. thumbs_up.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #36 of 50

What if you gave away a free cake and ppl came back and b****ed about how you made it, delivered it, etc? Free is free. Thank you Fat Daddios.

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:33pm
post #37 of 50

I am not saying it was not generous of FatDaddios to make the offer. It was very generous. That was not the issue. Nor if we can or cannot afford to buy them. The issue was "why cant we find the link or the post" and how that was handled. I intend on buying a set of pans anyway, as I told Greg in my email to him. I was only stating what seems to be what alot of people noticed. My apologies to those offended. Hopefully we can all agree to disagree and move on.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:28pm
post #38 of 50

I just received my free pan today. Fast shipping as usual. Thanks FD and GSA.

Howiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Howiesmom Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 12:56am
post #39 of 50

I just received my free pan in the mail today as well...super fast shipping and free free free. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 1:11am
post #40 of 50

I received mine today as well and definately super fast. icon_biggrin.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:18pm
post #41 of 50

Mine came yesterday as well. Thanks!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:59pm
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I just went to the site and typed in the item number Alan gave in the up above post and a round 8 inch pan comes up so I put it in my cart and checked out!!! Hope it comes!!! Can't wait to try it!!! Thanks Alan!!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

Did you go to Globals site i tried and couldnt get anything to pull up where did you type in the# at Duh im just dumb i guess

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm
post #43 of 50

I received my pan on Saturday as well! I will be trying it soon!

Thanks FD & GSA!!

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:01am
post #44 of 50

icon_cry.gif

Still waiting for mine to show up, and I wanted to try it out for a father's day cake.

Maybe it's taking soooooooo much longer cause I live in Canada. Hope it gets here real soon.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:48am
post #45 of 50

I received mine Monday, looked great!! Fast shipment, as always!!

I have to say that I have to bake at 345 in my oven, sometimes 325, it bakes too hot, and I bake the Wilton, ML, and FD at the same time. I only have the round, so maybe there isn't a big difference, but anyway it baked great. I couldn't really tell any difference. thumbs_up.gif Just my experience.

Happy Baking! icon_smile.gif

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:53am
post #46 of 50

I received mine Monday, looked great!! Fast shipment, as always!!

I have to say that I have to bake at 345 in my oven, sometimes 325, it bakes too hot, and I bake the Wilton, ML, and FD at the same time. I only have the round, so maybe there isn't a big difference, but anyway it baked great. I couldn't really tell any difference. thumbs_up.gif Just my experience.

Happy Baking! icon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #47 of 50

Ok so its probably to late to get the free pan , but anyways where in the world did you find it, i looked on Globalsugar art and couldnt figure out where to click,

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #48 of 50

I received my pan yesterday and baked with it today!!! I am hooked !!Thanks Alan..I love these pans and I will be buying more!!! I really appreciate that you sent out the product for people to try.

Laurel

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:23pm
post #49 of 50

Hi, I got mine today. I can't wait try it. Thanks FD and Alan - Global Sugar Art. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #50 of 50

I baked two 8" rounds at the same time - 1 wilton and 1 FD and the FD had much straighter sides and baked more evenly. I baked at 325. I love my free pan...........Thanks Alan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%