What Is This Tool?

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:15am by tracey1970

luelue1971 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone tell me what this is used for?

I bought a huge box of cake decorating stuff and this was in there. It is marked 1973 Wilton. The pointy piece seems to fit inside the taller piece.


7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 8

That's for repairing bent icing tips. I don't know if they still sell them, but I bought a white one about 10 years ago icon_biggrin.gif Still works. You put it in the bigger part, then stick the pointy part in and push it against the sides to make it round again.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 8

That is pretty darn tough!!! Wish I had one!!!!

Thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

luelue1971 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 8

cool, I kind of thought that might be it but wasn't sure.

Thanks for responding.

I paid $75 for a full set of round pans. 3 heart pans, 2 square pans, a full case of tips, a make a message set, a roll out mat, a ton of stencils, a floating tiers stand, and a tall tiers stand among alot of other stuff.

I found the listing on craigslist. Such a great deal. I'm really glad I got it all.

thanks again.

ctackett Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 8

wow!!! that was a great deal!!!

twindees Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, that was an awesome deal. WOW, you can not beat that.

Donnagardner Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 8

You can buy the tip savers at Hobby Lobby for arounf $3. They are great for opening the leaf and star tips so they work properly too.

tracey1970 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:15am
post #8 of 8

I've seen this tip-saver still for sale on the Wilton website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%