Did A Diploma But Don't Like It, Need Help:)

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:44am
post #1 of 5

I followed the directions for a diploma, but it was a flat diploma. Can anyone tell me how to do a regular scroll/diploma?
I would really appreciate it!

4 replies
T-Bird Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 5

Don't know if this will work or not, but maybe try rolling out some fondant/gumpaste to the size you want then putting it on some wax paper or parchment paper and rolling that up and letting it dry that way. Slip out the wax/parchment paper when dry. How "loose" it looks would depend on how tightly rolled it was while drying. Then you could wrap a ribbon around it or do a fondant or chocolate seal.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 5

If you want a totally scrolled up scroll lol.. just roll out your gp thinly...almost right away start rolling up from the middle so that your ends have nice scrolling effect like a real scroll rolled up... Then either do a ribbon out of fondant or gp.. .or I have even seen them with beautiful school color real ribbon icon_smile.gif

MARIATAMIA Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 5

Exactly what T-bird said. That's how I did the diploma for my daughters graduation cake. It's in my photos. I used gumpaste and kind of tried to turn up the corners a little bit just to give it more depth. Hope it works for you. thumbs_up.gif

disneynutbsv Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%