Need Cake Ideas For A Wedding Reception And Baptism

Decorating By Mommy23 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 11:53am by peg818

Mommy23 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 2

I have a request from an older man (70+) from my church to do two sheet cakes for him. He just got married a month or so ago and they are having a reception and I guess at the same time he will be baptized in the creek beside his house. He left everything up to me. I am not really worried too much that he won't like what I come up with, he is pretty easy going, I am just drawing a blank as to what to do. I have not mastered roses/flowers at all yet. Just can't seem to get my icing the right consistency so I would prefer not to do anything with flowers as I don't have much time to practice.

The only thing he specifically requested was one sheet cake to be red velvet and another sheet cake to be carrot.

Anyone have any ideas? I guess I plan to do one cake for the baptism and one for the reception? He didn't really specify what he wanted. Just said to surprise him. LOL.

1 reply
peg818 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:53am
post #2 of 2

why not do some fresh fruit on top, can't go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries. Or some nice grapes, what ever you can get locally or on sale at the grocery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%