Does This Look Like A Wedding Cake?

Decorating By jenbashore Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 9:47am by CakeWhizz

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #61 of 79

When I saw 'inappropriate', I figured the cake would be something kinda goofy, but just what the bride to be wanted. Your cake is lovely and some people like to hear the sound of their own voice icon_wink.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:16am
post #62 of 79

Beautiful cake. I was expecting to see something of the naughty cake nature, but was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe they think that tiered cakes are only meant to be wedding cakes? That would only explain their ignorance and rude comments.

Keep up the great work! icon_smile.gif Glad the bride-to-be loved it. I can see why.

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 11:53pm
post #63 of 79

Yup. And it's beautiful too.

nanny4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny4 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:14am
post #64 of 79

I love your cake! You did an excellent job, I love the design & colors icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:01pm
post #65 of 79

They are out of their flippin' minds. That's about as bridal shower-appropriate as one can get. I thought it was going to be an exotic or x-rated pic. Your cake was PERFECT.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:07pm
post #66 of 79

Very pretty cake, Awesome concept and wonderful color combo.

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #67 of 79

That cake is beautiful and absolutely exquisite for a bridal shower. Honestly, if I saw it at a wedding, I would think 'it looks more like a bridal shower cake'. It's always those with the least experitse in a subject that are so anxious to broadcast their opinions....

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #68 of 79

I am just echoing everyone else here....very beautiful cake & it is VERY appropriate icon_smile.gif

aliciag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #69 of 79

Your cake is absolutely beautiful!!

I'm NOT defending them but maybe they were talking about the color, some people think that everything that is part of a bridal shower should be white.
And some people are just plain jealous!

Good for you for saying no to her!! thumbs_up.gif

JulissaMyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulissaMyCakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:33pm
post #70 of 79

Oh please!!! Your cake is beautiful. You should be proud of your cake. I love the color combination and is appropriate for a Bridal Shower.

Don't listened to negative comments... they are just plain jealous!!!!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:48pm
post #71 of 79

When people criticize in a mean spririted way, first thing that comes to my mind is "JEALOUS" in flashing neon lights. icon_cool.gif Can these people make a fabulous cake like Colette Peters ? if not , they should shut their mouths.. Your cake is beautiful. Who cares what they think.. That cake was not made for them anyway.

fancyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fancyface Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:02pm
post #72 of 79

very beautiful cake for a bridal shower, the people who said otherwise are just prob. used to the oldfashioned "slab" cake so dont' worry! great job!

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:12am
post #73 of 79

ok so obviously the people that said it was not appropriate have no sense of class.

They should probably order their cakes from Walmart.

Any bride to be would be thrilled with what you presented.

Fantastic job !

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:37pm
post #74 of 79

How inna world is that not appropriate? I think it's perfect for a bridal shower, or a wedding.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:52am
post #75 of 79

That's rediculous! Why would it be inappropriate? Maybe your co-worker wouldnt have liked the style for herself, but she didnt need to say it was inappropriate. Makes you feel like you did something wrong.

I keep going back and reading but I cant figure out why you said your co worker's feelings were hurt????

jenbashore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbashore Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:30pm
post #76 of 79

The co-workers, my friend's, feelings were hurt because she was elated with the cake. The one who said that the cake was inappropriate was supposedly a good friend of hers. She finally realized that you don't know people as well as what you think, you know? It was a selfish comment that she really needed to keep to herself. By the way, the one who chimed in, she threw a shower over the weekend and I'm dying to know what was done for the cake!!!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #77 of 79

That cake is gorgeous!!! Don't let anyone get you down. It's the perfect bridal shower cake. I love it. thumbs_up.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 8:41am
post #78 of 79

Did you say you have only been decorating for a year? I am floored and humbled. That cake is gorgeous.

BTW I have been reading miss manners, and as you did, I would have declined to make a cake for the critic. I have learned from miss manners that you don't even need a reason. "Oh, thank you for asking, but I just can't do it". "Why not" "Because it is simply impossible". "Why is it impossible" "Because I simply cannot do it" etc etc until they stop asking.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 9:47am
post #79 of 79

There's a saying that you are not successful until someone tries to pull you or your work down, so well done! The cake IMHO is fabulous and it's obvious the two jealous crows will never be able to make such a beautiful piece of edible art no matter how hard they try. So just shrug your shoulders and make sure you charge an arm and a leg for taking on the cake order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%