Transformer Cake?? Help

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 2:00am by ANicole

Suewillo Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #1 of 8

My grandson told me he wants a transformer cake for his birthday. He is going to be 6 and is really into transformers. If you have any pic's or websites that would help me make this cake I would really appreciate it very much and so would my grandson. I know I don't want to do a transfer on a cake, but other then that I am open for any ideas.
Thanks for your help.
Sue

7 replies
leily Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 8

I suggest doing a search of the galleries with "transformer" as your search term.

I have one in my photos that I just traced the photo on with a toothpick and then filled in with a star tip. Not one of my best works, but the nephew liked it and that is what matters.

ANicole Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:47am
post #3 of 8

I just saw one that was really super nice. It was uploaded within the last few days. It was a sheet cake, but it had a fondant transformers mask on it. It looked really cool and unique for a sheet cake. I will try to find it for you.

bathoryjones Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:49am
post #4 of 8

My step son wanted a Bumblebee cake from the transformers. I took a standard car pan and just decorated it with the yellow and black with the racing stripes and then wrote happy "bee"-day on it. He was very happy with it. If he has a favorite character you can base it off of that design.

babyqueen Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:51am
post #5 of 8

You might want to go onto the flickr website, and type in transformer cake. There are hundreds of cakes on there, and you might get some ideas. Plenty of the same people as on cake central, but it might give you the odd different one.

antonia74 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #6 of 8

Here, I just did a search for "transformers" in the CC gallery. There are 5 pages of options from amazing bakers on here alone!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=transformers

missyjo30 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #7 of 8

I just posted the Transformer cake that I made earlier today. I got a cake kit from walmart and made my own version.....the kids loved it. I also brused the gray fondant w/ silver luster dust to make it look like metal. I alos made tires out of black fondant...Just go to my photos and you will see it....good luck.

ANicole Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #8 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1227795.html

This is the one I really liked. I like the colors especially.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%