What Do You Think Of This Cake Idea?

Decorating By garden259 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 2:13am by antonia74

garden259 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garden259 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:27am
post #1 of 4

I don't have a lot of experience baking cakes, but I thought that I would bake a cake for my daughter's birthday. I have asked her what she wants and I have gotten a few different suggestions, so I though that I would incorporate them into one cake. I would like to make a yellow torte cake filled with a combo of chocolate ganache and raspberry mousse and frosted with buttercream frosting. The chocolate ganache and raspberry mousse would be in the same layer. Do you think that this would work? Would it be too much? Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Kristi

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

How about making a triple-layer cake with one layer of chocolate ganache and one layer of raspberry mousse...or, better still use two layers of chocolate ganache and just add fresh raspberries in each layer of filling. YUM!

garden259 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garden259 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:03am
post #3 of 4

I like the idea of using the chocolate ganache with fresh raspberries as the filling. I think I'm stuck on the idea of a whipped/mousse filling though, so maybe I'll do a whipped chocolate ganache with fresh raspberries. If I decide to use fresh raspberries, could I put the cake together the day before or would the raspberries or cake start to get mushy?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:13am
post #4 of 4

Actually, i think it tastes even better the next day after the flavours "meld" together a bit. I wouldn't say they would be mushy, no. Especially as they aren't exposed to air inside all that filling anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%