Help Needed From Those Who Use Mmf On Their Cookies!!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 2:40pm by millicente

Cookies4kids Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 8

I have a large order of cookies to do for my church and I want to do as much ahead of time as possible. I know I can cut the cookies shapes from the NFSC dough and freeze them in layers between parchment paper. Could I also cut the fondant tops out and layer them in between sheets of waxed paper on cookie sheets and then wrap the whole thing really tight in plastic wrap? Would the fondant stay fairly soft for a few days or would it dry out too much? I would appreciate any help from those who have done this.
Thanks
Lily

7 replies
CeeTee Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:12am
post #2 of 8

I've put both Satin Ice and MMF on cookies and put them in baggies. I shipped them across the country and they arrived still soft and yummy according to the friends who I sent the cookies to. icon_smile.gif If they are wrapped they should retain enough moisture to not dry out.

serialbabe1968 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 8

as long as they are airtight, they should be fine

Tona Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #4 of 8

I bag mine and make sure they are airthight and they are wonderful I have had no problem

CHuffmyer Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:32am
post #5 of 8

I wouldn't just cut out the MMF and try and keep it fresh for a couple days...it will probably end up cracking on you before you get them on your cookies. I've made the cookies, baked them, put on the MMF and wrapped them up and frozen them for weeks. I just pop them out of the freezer and thaw them IN THE CONTAINER or wrapping so the condensation collects on the outside...not the cookie. They still taste fresh and I've not had any problems. Hope that helps.

tyty Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:34am
post #6 of 8

Do you mean pre-cut the fondant to add to cookies later? I never tried that before.

melysa Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:36am
post #7 of 8

you are saying freezing the cutouts and cutout dough unbaked , right?

mmf will get a really weird sticky condensation on it from being frozen. you need to be careful how you thaw it. i wouldnt suggest freezing the mmf, but maybe you could store them cut, on the cookie sheets and wrapped in plastic in your pantry.

as far as freezing the cut cookie dough, wrapped well- it should be no problem.

millicente Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 8

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%