Anyone Do This/seen It Before

Decorating By Aliwis000 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 11:51am by oilili

Aliwis000 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I was poking around youtube and looking at cake vids and found this. A woman puts a paper pictue on a cake as an outline and then puts icing on the cake then uses candy to outline it. Heres the vid, just thought I would ask opinions on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQvHKBQ3gc&feature=related

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 5

Very clever technique. with a careful icing job and piping the interior, it would look fabulous.

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:52am
post #3 of 5

OMG--so labor instensive when you think how easy it would be to do this by just piping in the details with thinned buttercream, royal, or piping gel, or even doing a buttercream transfer.

I'm not trying to diminish her ingenuity--not at all--but there are easier ways.

Just my .02
Rae

Aliwis000 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:23am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

OMG--so labor instensive when you think how easy it would be to do this by just piping in the details with thinned buttercream, royal, or piping gel, or even doing a buttercream transfer.

I'm not trying to diminish her ingenuity--not at all--but there are easier ways.

Just my .02
Rae

My thoughts exactly. My first reaction was do a buttercream transfer. I am by no means good at cake decorating, but it seems a different way would be easier.

oilili Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

I've also seen some cakes here done with royal icing transfers and they look even neater than buttercream transfers.
Not sure what is really easier, I'd need to try it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%