Newbie Here: Spiderman Cake & Frosting ???

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 1:13am by Molly2

Angelfire3 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 3

hello everyone,
How are you doing? I'm going to attempt to make a 3D spider-man cake for my twin boys who are in love with Spider-man. My questions are, which Styrofoam wig stand are you guys using? The faceless one or the one with the face? Also, how would I achieve the smooth effect on the cake with Walmart frosting or is there a special type of frosting? I was reading through the first page of this forum and I seen something about butter cream. What is that exactly?

As you can tell, I'm just a mother trying to make her twins happy. All advice is really needed. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:57am
post #2 of 3

Wow! You really are a newbie! Only hours old! I feel like a proud parent!

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, and suggest that you go into the gallery and look at the Spiderman pics which are available, and then send a private message to the artist, to ask them for help replicating it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:13am
post #3 of 3

I made the 3 D Spider man cake (lok at my picks) I used the one with the face because thats all I could find in my area I used the Sams frosting and Airbrushed it with help of my 18 year old son he made the markings for the webb with a tooth pick and then I went over it with black frosting I also made Spider man city with blinking lights and helicopters flying around my Nephew was thrilled. let me know if you have any more question also I smoothe the head with viva paper towels

Molly2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%