Stripes Without Fondant?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 4

So this lady saw a picture of my cake where I iced in buttercream and ecorated with fondant I had stripes on the cake and she wants the same thing on her cake but dislikes fondant. I was honest with her and told her that it could be done it just won't look as neat as fondant does and with the cake iced in buttercream people probably won't eat the fondant.
If you have done stripes like on this cake, but with buttercream and were successful please give me tips on how to please. Here's a link

ok couldn't attached the link but it is the cake in my photos on the second page the second to last.

3 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 4

Do you airbrush at all? I don't, but just a thought.

Or after the BC crusts you take a ruler and indent where you want the lines to be. Then take the cake icer tip to cover the indentation. ??? hope you get some good suggestion 'cause this is all I can think of at the moment...

notjustcake Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 4

I don't have an airbrush and I also thought of a larger basketweave tip but I wanted her to know it will not be as neat as fondant stripes.

notjustcake Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 4

I don't have an airbrush and I also thought of a larger basketweave tip but I wanted her to know it will not be as neat as fondant stripes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%