How Do I Scale A Logo

Decorating By uschi1 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 1:48am by clopin0

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a cake in the shape of a corporate logo which is three letters and a maple leaf. The cake will be made up of the three separate letters (not a sheet cake with letters piped on top) and needs to be large enough for about 100 people.
I have no idea how to go about scaling this. Anyone out there able to point me in the right direction?

3 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 4

If you go to an office supply store like Office Max, Staples, or Office Depot (do you have those?), or Kinkos they have a copy center. You can take the logo there (if you have it in digital form that would be best, but they can probably scan it) then print it out on a large format printer. Then you could use that as your template for carving your cakes. Now, deciding what size they need to be is a whole nother story. I'm not sure I can help you with that one.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:26am
post #3 of 4

im cheap so i would use some squared off paper, like the back of contac paper, and draw the lettters out. to help with extra servings dont cut out the middle of any letter like an A or what ever, but those are going to be pretty big anyway to get 100 serving out of.

clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:48am
post #4 of 4

I've scaled many images using Microsoft Publisher. It allows you to choose the exact size that you want the image. If the image is larger than 8.5x11, it will print on multiple pages that you can tape together. There's your template.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%