Total Newby Question: What Mixer Attachment To Use For Nfsc

Baking By raquel1 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm by raquel1

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make some "derriere" cookies (upside down hearts w/ icing undies!) for my husbands fishing trip. It is my first time making NFSC and I feel totally stupid icon_redface.gif .... They look like so much fun and there is sooo much help here. I've got recipes, tutorials on icing, everything but a detailed account of the mixing process and what attachment to use for mixing it (paddle, hook, wisk). I have a Kitchen Aid Classic. Thanks in advance for any help![/i]

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 6

The paddle is usually sufficient for cookie dough. some have found it to be a bit dry, so if seems crumbly, add a liquid, a few drops at a time.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

yep, use the paddle attachment.

I never have a problem with it being too crumbly/dry, but do remember to let it really incorporate when you add the flour. After a little while, it will come together in a nice ball away from the sides of the mixing bowl.

raquel1 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you soo much. Not having made them before I didn't know what to expect...This forum is so great! icon_biggrin.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 6

raquel1
go to www.karenscookies.net
She has a wonderful tutorial. But then use the NFSC recipe on here. HTH

raquel1 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 6

Again, Thank you guys soo much. the tutorial from Karen's Cookies is great. I used Antonia's icing and they were so easy to make and so much fun! I even found a new way of "bonding" with my 13 year old stepson he helped me and even made some for his mom (not "derriere" ones...) I tried to attach a pic but was not able icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%