Over The Top Brownie Recipe .. Can Someone Share?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm by BCJean

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make brownies today for my mom for a get together tomorrow.. well my tried and true recipe has some how disappeared icon_sad.gif ...
She loves walnuts in her brownies and I actually have some.. she likes chewy yet thick brownie with a icing ontop..

Can anybody share???

Thank you

4 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

I just saw that you posted a great one in another thread (thanks by the way)

I like one on recipezaar that is posted by Dancer. It has walnuts in it and they are very good. I make them in 8 in. round pans and then fill and top with chocolate fudge icing or ganache.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 5

I am a scratch baker except when I bake with my friends kids, then it's mixesa ll the way.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ghiradelli brownie mix. They are the best brownies I have ever eaten. you could throw in some walnuts.

as far as chocolate frosting goes, this one is fabulous and chocolatey but it takes a few hours to set up so it might not work for your needs today

You might want to make half a recipe as it makes a lot

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/mrs-milmans-chocolate-frosting?lnc=5a79cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=recipecontent_food

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 5

I too love the ghiradelli brownie mix. Soooo yummy. I have a friend that does a basic brownie mix, but she does two batches and pours half the mix in then puts hershey chocolate bars in the middle and pours the rest of the mix on top. YUMMO!!! I've also made brownies using cake mix, the duncan heinz dk choc fudge mix.
1 chocolate cake mix
1/4 c. cooking oil
1/3 c. water
1 egg

Did these in a pinch with no time to get brownie mix but I had chocolate cake mixes.

Good luck girlie! Send me the extras!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 5

I am a scratch baker also but I will 2nd the vote for the Ghiradelli brownie mix. I love it. I use the one with caramel and it is devine. They make one with walnuts also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%