Topsy Turvy Cake Plate/separators?

Decorating By designer3941 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 11:11pm by designer3941

designer3941 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen some cake pictures where the layers appear to be standard round layers but the separators are angled making the cake appear topsy turvy. Is that an illusion or is there such thing as topsy turvy cake plates/separators? If so, where do you get them?

Any insight would be great, thank you!!

2 replies
ibmoser Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 3

Colette Peters uses styrofoam for her wedges - you can buy it by the sheet and cut whatever size and angle you need, and dowels will punch through easily to stabilize. The wedges are about 2" less in diameter than the cake that goes on top.

designer3941 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for the info ibmoser! I'll have to give that a try. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%