Curious George

Baking By claylady Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm by millicente

claylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claylady Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where I might find a Curious George cookie cutter?

8 replies
Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 9

I was looking for the same thing. I think I'm going to go with this one:

http://www.coppergifts.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=2237

HTH,
Tara

dulzuramagica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulzuramagica Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #3 of 9

U could also try this (pic)) Is a suncatcher from walmart press it on ur dough and cut with a stilo knife or any shrarp blade theyre also great to decorate 'cuz they leave an imprint .........GL!!!
LL

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:55am
post #4 of 9

I'm doing Curious George as well for this weekend. I used this picture as inspiration (thank you!) Just drew it out free-hand on a piece of cardboard to make a template then traced around the template to cut out the dough with a paring knife. Kind of a pain doing 35 of them. There's a thread here explaining how to make your own cookie cutter, and that would be much easier.

[urlhttp://cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/295283/normal_george.jpg[url][/url]

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 9

pbskids.org has some great clipart

claylady Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #6 of 9

I made my own pattern from a picture on the internet. Cut it out of a plastic placemat and cut the dough around the pattern. I'll add a photo when they're finished. Thanks for all the advice.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 9

i'm eager to see the finished cookie so please don't for get to take a pix for us

claylady Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:24pm
post #8 of 9

I get the idiot award! I took them to my two year old nieces in Kentucky and only took photos of them eating Curious George. I'm hoping they haven't devoured them all and my mom can get a photo or two. I was proud of my efforts and the twins were ecstatic so I guess they were a success with or without pictures.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 9

there's always next time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%