Is It Ok....

Decorating By kmoores Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 3:15pm by BellaBabyCakes

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 8

to feel jealous of another decorator in the area who is getting more orders than me? Does this happen to everyone or should I just suck it up?

7 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 8

Don't worry about them getting more orders maybe there is a reason people order more from them. Is your name out there as much as theres is? It could just be a marketing thing.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 8

THere's good jealous and bad jealous.

Good jealous is seeing someone get more orders than you, being jealous of their success, but it motivates you to get your butt in gear to be better, work harder, and figure out how they're doing it so you can do the same thing. thumbs_up.gif

Bad jealous is seeing someone get more orders than you, being jealous of their success, and wishing they'd break their leg on a ski trip and be unable to make cakes for a long time, forcing all of their customers to come to you. icon_twisted.gif

I'll even throw in "indifferent jealous" ... walmart gets more orders than me and I don't care. icon_biggrin.gif

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 8

I think it's just the good jealous. Honestly, I don't know why I feel this way. I'm actually glad I don't have as many orders cause I work full time too. But I just wonder sometimes if she's better than me - and it does motivate me to work harder and create better product!!!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

THere's good jealous and bad jealous.

Good jealous is seeing someone get more orders than you, being jealous of their success, but it motivates you to get your butt in gear to be better, work harder, and figure out how they're doing it so you can do the same thing. thumbs_up.gif

Bad jealous is seeing someone get more orders than you, being jealous of their success, and wishing they'd break their leg on a ski trip and be unable to make cakes for a long time, forcing all of their customers to come to you. icon_twisted.gif

I'll even throw in "indifferent jealous" ... walmart gets more orders than me and I don't care. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif love it!

BellaBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaBabyCakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 8

There is probably a reason and it's probably because it's something you wouldn't want to put yourself through anyway.

I betcha they're charging too little and working themselves ragged.

Jealous now? icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLori

There is probably a reason and it's probably because it's something you wouldn't want to put yourself through anyway.

I betcha they're charging too little and working themselves ragged.

Jealous now? icon_smile.gif

LOL love this

BellaBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaBabyCakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

LOL love this

Well, this is something I learned with my ukrainian eggs. It took me all day to make one simple design, all of a sudden I'm cranking them out like a factory and had no time for anything else (so much for a home business giving you time for your family!).

I raised my prices and eventually left it behind from burnout. Never again! I suspect OTHER decorator will do the same eventually icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%