Still Need Everyone's Thoughts And Prayers

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 4:08am by kjt

paula1234 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 10

first i want to say thank you to everyone for keeping in their thoughts and prayers when my brother passed away in march. i finally pulled myself together or so i thought and got back to my passion, cake decorating. my father, who has alzheimer's, still lives with me, he wondered off a couple of weeks ago. found unharmed, but had to put him in a geriatric mental hospital for 2 weeks. he's some better. my 18 year old son is ineterested in cake decorating, which i think is great. so he is taking the wilton courses, which i am taking with him and it gives us tone on one time together. anyway, i have a huge order for the up coming weekend. i was actually excited, the rush of trying to get everything done on time. well i went saturday to put in a load of clothes into the dryer and slipped in apuddle of water and fell. i landed on my right knee and both hands. my 16 year old came when he heard me screaming and helped me up. he offered to take me tothe er, he only has his learners licences and he scares me half to death. i waited until my 18 year old came home from work 4 hours later to take me to the er. well i broke my knee cap and tore my meniscus. now i am sidelined in a knee immoblizer. all 3 boys are great, they are waiting on me hand and foot. in fact they just got back from gettin some more of my prescriptions filled and brought me flowers and balloons (out of their own money ) i took a short nap, maybe it was a long nap, anyway my boys found my orders, and started on the cakes, cookies, and candy like a pro. they have even taken over the care of my father. which is a handful. they cook for him, clean his room and even help eith his personal care. i am t;uley blessed. please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that i will heal quickly since i a diabetic ad have been since i was 8 years old. once again thanks for letting me vent[/b]

9 replies
lardbutt Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:33am
post #2 of 10

Oh my goodness, Paula! You have had a hard time!

I pray you will heal very quickly! That must have hurt very badly. I'm sorry this happened to you.

You are blessed with wonderful boys! You did an amazing job raising them!

I hope you orders run smoothly and you are back on your feet real soon!

VannaD Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 10

I was suprised to read about how helpful and talented your boys are, lucky gal! Thats wonderful there taking care of your cake order, WONDERFUL! Ill pray that you get better soon and the Lord gives you the strength to care for your father, and that your knee heals soon, oh and also that you can tolerate your sons "unexperienced" driving. icon_cool.gif

fmcmulle Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:02am
post #4 of 10

Paula, I am so sorry this happened to you and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. When I was reading your story as heartbreaking as it was I didn't cry until you said that your boys were taking care of your orders. what great boys you have!!! Take care of yourself. How long will you be out of commission?

paula1234 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:09am
post #5 of 10

i will be out of commission for about six weeks. hopefully no surgery if i behave. i am really blessed with my sons. they have had a rough life as i have posted before. they're dad was abusive to all of us and we divorced and had been divorced for 12 years and he still stalked me. he had been remarried for7 of those 12 years. he committed suicide 2 years ago. it is still hard for all of us because we found out that he was planning to kill all of us. through everything, my boys are wonderful. they are still teenagers though. they actually fixed a table in my dining room so that i can keep my leg elevated and still ice a cake. amazing!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Ohara Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:15am
post #6 of 10

Paula...praying for a quick recovery for you. May God bless you and your wonderful boys.

fmcmulle Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:42am
post #7 of 10

I have never met you but you sound like one of the most strong willed women I have ever had the chance to chat with, You are truly blessed with wonderful children. I wish we lived closer, I could see us being friends. My sister lives in Sanderville Georgia and I come up there several times a year and I would love to meet you when I come up there again. We rented a cabin in Blue Ridge Georgia next week and I am looking forward to that. If there is anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask. Take care of yourself.

VannaD Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 10

It made me smile when you said they fixed the table so you prop your leg while you frost a cake, AWESOME! Faye your such a great person to offer Paula help, the ppl on CC never cease to amaze me!

paula1234 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:21am
post #9 of 10

thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. i made all my orders this weekend thanks to my boys. they were wonderful. i treated them to lunch and golfing, just the three of them, no momma!!!!!!!! i am still trying to behave and stay off of my feet. my boys set up a inflatable bed in my room and take turns each night to help me if i have to get up. well the other night was my baby's turn, well he's not a baby he's 14, i really didn't think i needed him, so i get up by myself and fall into a huge box that i should have put away and he hears me scream, jumps up and turns the light on and proceeds to lecture me on not waking him up because that's what i am here for. he threatens to leave me there, and after waking up the whole house, he tells me that if i try that again, he already has the name of my nursing home on speed dial. then i remember he's the one that was going to put me on e-bay when he was youner. anyway i am lucky to have my boys. thanks faye. i would love to meet you. my aunt is actually coming up from florida this week to. if you are up this way again hopefully we will can get together and meet. i used to travl alot but now that my dad has alzheimers is hard. please feel free to e-mail me at when i first started my addiction to cake decorating i stubbled across this website and it was the best thing that happened to me . i have found out that the people here at cc really care about each other without even knowing one another. everyone has helped me through some rough times like the death of my boys father, the death of my mother and my brother all in one year. once again i really appreciate everyone here.[/b]

kjt Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:08am
post #10 of 10

Hi Paula,
I am about an hour from you-(the Dahlonega area), if I can do anything to help you, please let me know-just give me plenty of time to get there icon_wink.gif
Ps. Your boys sound like great kids-you're obviously doing a great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%