Edible Ink And Printers

Decorating By MammaMia Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 12:48am by WILCOX2005

MammaMia Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have a printer they use ONLY for printing edible images to transfer to cakes or cookies? If so, do you like it, what type is it, and how much was it? I'm shopping for one now and would like any opinions you can give me. Thank you!

10 replies
fairycupcakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:29am
post #2 of 11

I am also looking and can't seem to figure out what to do...what to get...what is best etc...

Please help!

2txmedics Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:49am
post #3 of 11

I think thats the site...they have epsons and cannons...it tells you which one's you can use and has an 800 you can call and ask on the best one..

we bought a camera at Ritz cameras and got a free printer and that was one of them...I can use it for cakes.

fairycupcakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 11

What's the site?

plbennett_8 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 11
keepsake Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:12am
post #6 of 11

I've been printing edible images about 4-5 years and I love it. I'm on my 3rd printer now and they have all been Canon printers. I'm looking at getting an Epson one now because it seems that the Canon printers printheads clog easily and eventually become extremely hard to work with. A friend has the Epson and she absolutely loves it. They can range from $70 up, based on what you want. Just make sure you use it ONLY FOR FOOD!!! You should never switch back and forth between the ink and food color. If you get one, I'm sure you will love it!

fairycupcakes Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:17am
post #7 of 11

Thanks, Keepsake!
That's really good to know about Epson vs. Canon.
Any particular model that your friend has that she would recommend?
Sharon

renee2007 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:37am
post #8 of 11

I have the epson cx7400 and so far it works great. I've only had it for about 5 or 6 months but no problems yet. hth icon_wink.gif

irisinbloom Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:05pm
post #9 of 11

Keepsake thanks for the info on the Cannon. I was getting ready just today to start looking for one. I have a Epson and have had it less than a year and am having problems. I called tech support and they told me several things to do but no luck. I am starting to think it is the ink cartiages(misspelled that). They were only showing half full and when I used the chip resetter they then showed that they were full and then thats when I started having problems. Oh well don't know what I:m going to do now. Have a great day ladiesicon_smile.gif

amsy Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:13pm
post #10 of 11

Can anyone help me out with finding edible ink for an Epson printer the sites I found only say which ones are compatible with canon printers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%