Bakemark As Supplier

Business By msmanning2 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm by justsweet

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone use Bakemark as their supplier? If so, what do you get from them and how do you like it? I am thinking about getting some hi-ratio from them and maybe a few other things if I hear good reviews.

Thanks,
Michele

9 replies
msmanning2 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 10

I thought I would throw this out there one more time to see if I can get some reviews. Thanks.

Lynn2768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynn2768 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 10

Have used BakeMark in the past but no longer do. Had lots of problems with delivery and then their minimum went up along with a delivery (truck) charge. For me they were no reliable. Hope that this helps you. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 10

I have ordered many times from Bakemark here in my city.I now am doing business with Dawn Foods.Why you ask?? .....Because Bakemark up-ed the price of their 20 kg bag of icing sugar by more than $15.00..I used to get it for $34.00 and they have raised it to $49.00.Actually they have raised everything which is to be expected since the baking ingredients have risen in the last 2 years...However....some items they have risen more than 60% and to me that is greed.When I phoned to ask why etc...3 seperate times I never received a call back.I think their mark up is too high!! JMO icon_smile.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 10

I buy the hi ratio. Never had any problems with service. Hi ratio works great and I am looking into buying the raspberry filling from them soon.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 10

I've used the hi-ratio in the past and liked it a lot. Haven't used them lately because I don't have enough volume to meet their minimum.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 10

what's the min.....400?

msmanning2 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you all for your advice. I too would like to know what the minimum is? It may not be worth it for me to order if the min is too high. Thanks again!

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:25am
post #9 of 10

I don't remember what the minimum they quoted was. I seem to remember it had more to do with frequency than with a dollar amount. They only wanted to set up an account if it was worthwhile for them. Drop-in shopping as it was when I got my hi-ratio was no longer to be allowed. At the time, I had no intention of having a shop. I know it took me a year to go through 50 lbs of hi-ratio and I didn't want anything else so I didn't follow through. A couple of years later now and I've finished pastry school and plans are different, but I haven't called them back as I'm only in the planning stages of what my next step will be. I did like their hi-ratio even better than Sweetex, and the Fremont Frosters cake club to which I belong has an account and gets cakeboards and boxes at a good price from them, and I just got a recipe which uses a BakeMark product so I probably will be a customer. Until I run out of my current box of Sweetex sorting this out isn't on my list of things to do LOL.

At least where I am, the company is Westco/Bakemark so I'd say look them up and give them a call. They are a national company and it is likely that each outlet is different.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 10

I pick up my items, so their is no minimum as long as you pay cash and pick up the item(s). Never had any problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%