Grrrrrr...... Darn Mother's...

Decorating By muddpuppy Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 2:48am by SweetResults

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 7

So I was loving the latest wedding cake I did! The pink and brown one in my photos. I was so proud of myself that it looked exactally like the photo the bride gave me. My piping was great, my fondant was smooth! I was cheering for myself, then.. whamp whamp, (before I got any photo's I might add) the brides mother dumped a HUGE arrangement of flowers on the top tier!!!!! It's a 5 inch top and that's like 8 inches of flowers!! It looks like she took the bridesmaids bouquet and stabed it into the top of the cake... I still like it.. it's just too bad... Grrrrr....... Has this happened to anyone else?

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 7

It's a beautiful cake. I agree that it's somewhat overwhelmed by the flowers, but even with them you can see how well done the cake is.

Great job!!!

And if you were irritated with the bride's mother, I bet the bride was ten times as irritated and couldn't say so icon_biggrin.gif

Muse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muse Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 7

The cake itself is gorgeous, know that. Personally I think that you should have been informed beforehand that there would be flowers put on it, but that's just me.

Still a fabulous cake. Well done!

Darci

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:54am
post #4 of 7

I've had so many pretty cakes ruined by butt-ugly toppers I can't even tell you...Once the mother of the bride made the topper, and they told me it was going to be two doves. Okay, so when they brought it to me it was about a foot tall, with two HUGE styrofoam birds and a lot of tulle. Oh my God, I had to sit there and not say anything becasue this lady was so nice and obviously had put a lot of work into it. I don't think that people think about the scale of these things when they get going. When I sat it up the girl at the reception site said something like "whoaaa..."

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 7

your cake is gorgeous
things like this happen cause people (the mother) have no taste.
Anyone with an ounce of taste would have left the cake as it is, the bed of rose petals at the bottom was a perfect accent.

Just be happy knowing your cake was perfect.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 7

THere is a cater here in town that will take it upon herself to put flowers on a cake. The last wedding cake that I did, the bride did NOT want flowers on it. Well, the cater thought it didn't look finished.

THe bride called me complaining because of the flowers. I told her I didn't put flowers on it, that the cater has been known to do that. Thank goodness I had pictures of the cake as I left it.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:48am
post #7 of 7

I had a jack@$$ add flowers to a MAN'S 40th birthday cake - a three tiered TRIATHLON cake!!! Ya, THAT needs flowers!!! All because he wanted to cover up the cake drum it was on, so he started putting flowers all over it and covering up the wave of the ocean and other parts, I had to physically stop him and take them off and try to fix it - this was the manager at the function hall. Oooh I was MAD but thankfull I was there to stop him - I wonder how many times he has done this to other cakes?????

And they were Azaleas he was picking off a plant - not even special flowers, and they certainly did not go with the cake.

You cake was beautiful, sorry she felt the need to "improve" it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%