Cake Too Wet

Decorating By Karema Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm by gateaux

Karema Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 13

I did my first wedding cake and it may be a disaster. The bride asked for a simple syrup to be put on cake and I think I put too much becase the syrup went all the way to the bottom of the cake and soaked through!!!My scroll work was also a mess. I'm just waiting for a call from her to see what happens. I can't afford to give her the money back it was 650! Its the only picture in my gallery of a wedding cake.

12 replies
sari66 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 13

No disaster it looks great! I'm sure the only thing you hear from the bride was what a wonderful job you did

alisoncooks Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 13

At least from the pic, it looks great!

butterflywings Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 13

looks beautiful to me. the two middle tiers looks a little bulged and that might be the result of the syrup, but overall, i think the cake is beautiful. if she does complain, you can start by offering a percentage off their next cake order or offering the anniversary cake free. if she really is upset with the way it looked, you could offer a percentage back. but i definitely don't think you should be giving a 100% refund.

Lovemypups Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 13

Looks great to me, too. As has been said so many times on this forum, we are our own worst critics. It's a beautiful cake.

hallow3 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 13

Looks great to me too. thumbs_up.gif

VannaD Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 13

I clicked on your photo and actually said out loud "wow, pretty" You did a great job!

Karema Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:58am
post #8 of 13

Good News! They loved the cake. Said it was beutiful and tasted great. I'm soooooo happy icon_biggrin.gif

patrincia Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #9 of 13

Oh great!!! Good job with your fist cake. May I ask what size the tiers were?

gateaux Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:31am
post #10 of 13

Your cake looks great. We are our own worse critics. Dont worry too much.

You should turn on the comment section on your profile so we can leave you a comment on your pictures.

Good Luck.

Karema Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:35pm
post #11 of 13

ty for all the lovely comments. You make a girl feel good. I was so worried. The tiers were 14, 12, 10 and 8. I turned the comment section on in my profile so others can write comments. ty I didnt know I could do that.

emrldsky Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:45pm
post #12 of 13

It really is a wonderful cake. I was a bride in 2006, way before I got into cake decorating, and I was perfectly content with my cake. Loved it, in fact.

I look at the pictures now and can see some flaws, but nothing can take away the fact that my baker did a wonderful job and made me a happy bride on my wedding day. icon_smile.gif

gateaux Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

It really is a wonderful cake. I was a bride in 2006, way before I got into cake decorating, and I was perfectly content with my cake. Loved it, in fact.

I look at the pictures now and can see some flaws, but nothing can take away the fact that my baker did a wonderful job and made me a happy bride on my wedding day. icon_smile.gif

Love this comment. Good for you "emrldsky"

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%