This Forum And Sugarshacks Dvds Saved My Behind!

Decorating By Yomomma Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 5:17pm by sugarshack

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 8

I just wanted to thank SugarShack for her teaching dvds and the members of Cake Central for giving me the inspiration, confidence and ability to do my first wedding cake. (See cake in my photos)

I am fairly new to cake decorating. My main interest, in the past, has been deco cookies.

A couple of months ago I volunteered to make a co-workers wedding cake. When I offered. I thought it was going to be a tiny wedding and would be good experience while getting my toes in the water.

Well, after Iâm committed, I find out theyâve received back their RSVPs & they are planning on 300! OK!⦠(breath!), (donât panic), (what was I thinking when I said I do this?), (300 people are going to see me crash & burn), (i live in a small town - everyone will know), (I've never even done a stacked cake!)

The cake size I had planned was not going to cut it and did I mention that I also offered to make cupcakes and cookies? Everything now has more than tripled and Iâm freaking out!

But, thanks to you all here and Sharonâs dvd s (Fondant & the stacking one) I pulled it off. I watched those Dvds countless times and followed her methods closely. I came here to CC several times a day and received so much information & encouragement .

I am truly grateful for this forum.

Thank You All!

7 replies
becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 8

Good for you! Your cake came out awesome!
I agree - sugarshacks DVD are so valuable! Since I joined CC last year my cakes have improved so much thanks to all of the help I got from the forums.

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 8

You did a wonderful job on the wedding cake. I have been wondering about getting SugarShack's DVDs. I think now I will.

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 8

Your cake looks beautiful! Great job. I just ordered the dvd's the other day I can't wait to watch them. I hope they help me to make a cake as beautiful as yours.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I also wanted to say that I used Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow Fondant recipe and I was very happy w/ the results. I've never used commercial fondant but want to next time so I can compare.

I used Earline's method to hand make the pearls from MMF. It went faster than I thought it would but I want to try the silicone molds next time. IF there is a next time.

This was an awesome learning experience and a lot of prayer went into every step!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:09am
post #6 of 8

Beautiful cake. I also agree. I have all three of Sharon's videos. I love them and refer to them often.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:13am
post #7 of 8

You did a fab job on the cake!! I'm so glad you enjoyed Sugarshack's DVDs -- she an awesome teacher. I have all three and I'm eagerly awaiting Jennifer Dontz's DVDs which are due out this month!! icon_lol.gif Thanks for the good word on the homemade MMF -- I haven't tried that recipe yet. I like Satin Ice myself. Keep up the good work!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 8

SO glad they helped you!

Thank you all for the wonderful words!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%