Pot Luck Coming And Need Ideas

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm by cupcakemkr

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 7

I have a pot luck coming up and need ideas for a cake to make. I was thinking of something along the food idea. I looked in the gallery but nothing looks big enough to feed 40-60 people. Then I was looking and thinking about the crockpot with the chili in it but I don't know how to get the real silver look/color. Any ideas?

6 replies
jlewis888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlewis888 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 7

Fondant with luster dust. ?? Good luck.

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 7

I did cheeseburger cupcakes for a BBQ that were a hit. And for the silver look try AmeriColor Air Brush.....Silver Sheen....I am just getting ready to upload the picture of the cake I did yesterday, it is a diamond ring and I used the silver sheen and it really did come out silver. I will upload it now , check it out in my photos.

Good luck

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 7

I second luster dust. You can get it in a spray can, made by PME. Lowest I found was $8.74 at selfservebaker.com. Spray will go farther if you use grey fondant.

Question - how are you going to make the chili?

hwnhulahands Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 7

I was gonna try to crumble up some chocolate cake and pile it on the top.

hwnhulahands Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 7

does anyone else have any other ideas?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 7

I love the spaghetti and meatball cakes - there are a bunch of different ones in the gallery. There is one that was in a catering tray - looked very realistic! Also, I saw someone make a corn on the cob cupcake, very cute but that would be a lot of work for 50 cup cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%