Need Advice

Decorating By Ballymena Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 4:24am by Ballymena

Ballymena Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 17

I tried this post in the business forum but didn't get many responses, hopefully I will here.
I am NOT soliciting business from you all. I am taking a survey to see if any of you would ever consider ordering printed icing sheets from a web site at any time. I am considering setting up a mail order edible icing sheet printing business and want opinions on whether you think it would be viable or not. I have a background in graphic design and can manipulate photos or artwork quite easily. For example, if you have a photo and you would like another person in it I can do that sort of thing. If you would want a photo manipulated to make the person look comical, I can do that also plus much more.
Please give me your opinions.
Thanks so much icon_confused.gif

16 replies
sari66 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 17

I think that you might have something there icon_smile.gif
I'd order them from you icon_smile.gif
Good luck

Lisa93063 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 17

Count me in.

chassidyg Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 17

I'd be ordering! A comical of my evil mil. I'd pay big $ for something like that!!

Seriously though, I'd order a lot!

BrandisBaked Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 17

It would all depend on the price and the turnaround time.

I can print my own images, but when it comes to editing or altering - I just don't have the time for that, and might pay someone else in those instances for the right price.

pinklesley1 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 17

i may order.. if i ever get asked for it... go for it ...

Zahrah Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 17

Absolutely!

Kitagrl Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 17

I had someone emailing me who saw I had an edible image machine, requesting a printed image. However they never got back with me, guess they changed their mind. Anyway I say that to say I bet you could get orders for it!

grama_j Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #9 of 17

I would order from you !!

Mizuki Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:21pm
post #10 of 17

Me too!

thumbs_up.gif

Iheartcake Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:26pm
post #11 of 17

How would those ship? I'm guessing with special packaging they'd arrive fine.. but I'd be nervous. Do they hold up well in the mail?

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:30pm
post #12 of 17

I'd be interested! Love the idea and if they were reasonable I'd prolly be a really good customer!

apetricek Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:36pm
post #13 of 17

I would definatley I know I have purchased some off of ebay before. I considered getting the printer, but for $300.00+ I don't have the demand for them yet. It would be great to be able to have someone do the work, and just ship it. I say do it, what is the worst that could happen...there is always ebay too! Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

nonie2007 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #14 of 17

I would definitely order from you. I get a lot of people wanting this service.

golfgirl1227 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:24am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

It would all depend on the price and the turnaround time.

I can print my own images, but when it comes to editing or altering - I just don't have the time for that, and might pay someone else in those instances for the right price.

Ditto.

bethola Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:46am
post #16 of 17

Yep!

Beth in KY

Ballymena Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:24am
post #17 of 17

Thanks,
I would have a very quick turn around, same day if possible, depending on photo manipulation, and would ship the print between 2 heavy cardboard sheets taped together.
It will take a bit of time to get this going but will announce on this site when I do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%