What All Needed To Start A Website ?

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 12:06am by butterflywings

brightbrats Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 7

Can you guys give me some info. on starting a website. I have read about Domains and Hosting, and it is confusing. Can I get all that from one place, or does it have to be from others. Also I am looking for something cheap. I saw some saying 4.99 a month at 1&1.com. Is that a good deal, and is the domain and hosting included ? Help, I know nothing about this type of thing. I do several cakes a month, and don't have alot of money to spend on one, but I thought I may actually drum up a little more business this way.

Help please icon_cry.gif

6 replies
psanders76 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 7

This one is totally free.

indydebi Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7

There are lots and lots of free ones available and from what I've seen, you can get a nice looking website from them.

I use register.com. YOu can get 5 pages for $4.99. I have 20 pages for $14.99. All you need is a computer and lots of time. I had my first 5 pages up and running in just a couple of hours.

YOu may need to buy your domain name and register it, which will be an add'l fee. But it really takes nothing to get a site started.

brightbrats Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 7

Has anyone used 1&1.com. I saw it on several other sites, just wondering which is the best for the price.

dandy207 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 7

i use freewebs, its really easy to set up and FREE!

vrmcc1 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 7

I have 1&1. It was easy to set up and use. My domain name and everything I got through them for 3.99 a month for the small pkg. You only get 5 pages and 1 photo album, but that may be enough for you. I upgraded to the 9.99 a month pkg to have more pages and more photo albums.

butterflywings Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:06am
post #7 of 7

Registered my domain name for $10 and they have hosting packages that start at around $100 per year. They are SUPER friendly and more than willing to help where they can. Hubby used them for a website for a non-profit hobby he does, and already registered my domain for my cake business so it's waiting when I'm ready for my site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%