I Really Want You All To See This Youtube Video

Lounge By jammjenks Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 2:48pm by jammjenks

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 7

I've never post in the "Lounge" forum, but I wanted to share a great story with you guys. There's a little boy named Skyler on my daughters' tee-ball team. He is totally blind and has been since birth. His mom would help him bat by lining up the bat for him, then she'd let go and he would hit the ball and run. When he would run, she would run backwards in front of him and cheer him on. He would follow the sound of her voice. It was one of the most heart-warming things I had ever seen. They live off of the dh meager funiture factory wages and do the best they can. He is a huge fan of Alicia Keys and his mom and dad wanted to do something really special for him. Since he can't see, sounds are really important to him and he LOVES the sound of her voice. That being said, I want to post this link for a youtube video of him. If you have a youtube account, it would be just awesome if you would post a comment to him. He is really a great kid. Thank you all in advance!

PS - Try to get past the accents. Just so you know, I sound just like they do...
April

6 replies
missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 7

I'm sooo glad taht he's going to finally meet her... Thanks for posting. It's very heart warming... icon_biggrin.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:22am
post #3 of 7

That is so precious. It's great that he can play T-ball and lead a normal life.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:24am
post #4 of 7

That's so sweet. It's so good to hear him singing and knowing how happy he is doing it.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:24am
post #5 of 7

I sound like that too!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

He can really sing! He does look so happy! What a great kid with a great Mom! She sounded so proud and happy as well!

It just reminds me you get out of life what you put into it! Very inspirational, thanks for sharing!

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 7

Truly heartwarming icon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 7

I'm so glad you took the time to look at his video. Just an update...he got to see Alicia Keys last Friday. She sang to him back stage. He was the happiest kid on Earth! Our local news channel did a piece on the whole story.

If you are just seeing this thread for the first time, I would love for you to click on the link in the OP.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%